website statistics

Ski Jumping 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

German podium sweep in Ljubno

Z

The FIS World Cup Ladies Ski Jumping in Ljubno (SLO) ended with a historic result. For the first time one nation took the first three spots on the podium. Katharina Althaus, Carina Vogt and Svenja Würth came in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Katharina Althaus secured her first World Cup victory with 92,5 and 90,0 meters and 249,0 points.

Althaus: "Its amazing"
She said: “This is amazing. It feels great to win a World Cup. And even better to share the podium with my teammates.” Carina Vogt scored 244,6 points with jumps to 91,0 and 90,0 meters. The Olympic champion said: “It feels really good. I was struggling a lot with this hill in the past. But they put a lot of work in here and made even better than it was before. It’s a fantastic day for our team.”

Wuerth with first podium
Svenja Wuerth, who achieved her first ever World Cup podium, made 92,5 and 89,0 meters and 242,7 points. She said: “It´s unbelievable. In the summer I haven´t been on any team of the federation and had to do the training for myself. Now I am jumping my best ever season. Today is the highlight. I am very happy.” On 4th place, yesterday´s winner Maren Lundby of Norway missed out on the podium by 2,8 points with jumps to 88,5 and 90,5 meters. Jaqueline Seifriedsberger was the best of the Austrian team with efforts to 90,0 and 89,5 meters and 239,2 points.

Klinec with great comeback
She shared the 5th place with local hero Ema Klinec, who came back from 10th place after the first round in front of thousands of cheerful spectators. Manuela Malsiner and Elena Runggaldier on 7th and 10th place delivered a great team result for Italy, Daniela Iraschko-Stolz and Chiara Hoelzl finished 8th and 9th for Austria. Maja Vtic just missed out on the top ten and finished 11th ahead of Ramona Straub and the best US girl, Nita Englund. Spela Rogelj and Lara Malsiner completed the top 15. Julia Kykkaenen proved herself in a good shape 10 days before the opening of the World Championships in Lahti and came in 16th, Ksenia Kabulkova was best Russian jumper on 20th place.

First points for China
Xueyao Li secured the first World Cup points this season for the Chinese team on 23rd place, Lucile Morat and Lea Lemare came in 24th and 25th for France. Daniela Haralambie made one World Cup point for Romania on 30th place.

Takanashi close to the victory
Even though she did not compete in Ljubno, Sara Takanashi is on a good way to defend the Overall World Cup title. With only three more competitions coming up and a lead of 156 points over Maren Lundby, Takanashi could win the big crystal globe already in Pyeongchang next week. Katharina Althaus (726) and Daniela Iraschko-Stolz (717) are still fighting for the third place with Japan´s Yuki Ito (928).

Full Results Here

Ito takes the day, Takanashi the title

9k=

Great day for the Japanese Ski Jumping ladies in Pyeongchang (KOR): While Yuki Ito won the first competition of the FIS World Cup on the new Olympic hill, teammate Sara Takanashi came in 2nd and made her 4th victory in the overall World Cup perfect. The third place of the day went to Ema Klinec of Slovenia. While top athletes from Germany, Austria and several other nations did not take the trip to Korea but stayed home for training for the World Championships, Yuki Ito celebrated her 4th victory of the season with jumps to 96,0 and 101,5 meters and 234,4 points.

Clear win for Ito
That gave her a 9,5 point advantage over Sara Takanashi who was still in the lead after the first round. Ito said afterwards: “My first jump was actually pretty good technically, in the second round I was a bit late at the take-off, but I had good conditions. I got a good feeling for this hill, but this won't be enough to win here also at the Olympics next year.” For Takanashi 97,5 and 94,0 meters still were enough for the 2nd place and an uncatchable advantage over Ito in the overall World Cup. She said: “It's really nice that the overall World Cup was already decided today. In the first round I had a good jump, in the second round I was late at the take-off. The wind conditions were okay for me, I had no problems.“

Klinec with second podium
Junior-Vice-World Champion Ema Klinec took her second podium of the season with 100,0 and 96,0 meters and 218,7 points. Klinec said: “I'm really satisfied with this result. I did jump well here, also in the training. It was a difficult competition, so I had to remain focused until the end and I could come in third. I think I had bad wind in the first round right already after the take-off, so I had to work really hard in the air to jump far. Tomorrow I want to jump even better and hopefully the wind will be better as well.“ 

Difficult wind in Korea
In partly difficult wind conditions Norway´s Maren Lundby threw away her chances of still catching up with Sara Takanashi already in the first round with a jump of 90,0 meters. 99,0 meters in the final and 215,8 points brought her a 4th place. Germany´s Ramona Straub, after the longest jump of the day to 103,0 meters in the first round still third, missed out on her first World Cup podium by 8,2 points behind Ema Klinec and came in 5th. Yuka Seto, with 208,5 points on 6th position and Kaori Iwabuchi on 9th place delivered an almost perfect team result for Japan with four athletes in the top ten.

Season best for Englund and Kykkaenen
Nita Englund of the United States on 7th place and Finland´s Julia Kykkaenen on 8th place where happy about their best results of the season. Gianina Ernst came in 10th, her first top ten result since 2013. Slovenia´s Maja Vtic missed out on the top ten mainly because of bad landings and came in 11th ahead of Abby Ringquist and teammate Ursa Bogataj. Ksenia Kablukova finished 14th and was best Russian ahead of the four Germans Agnes Reisch, Juliane Seyfarth, Luisa Goerlich and Pauline Hessler and Oceane Avocat Gros of France. Natasha Bodnarchuk was best Canadian on 22nd place.

Point for Korean hosts
Guy-Lim Park secured an important World Cup point for Korea on 30th place. With only two competitions to come, tomorrow in Pyeongchang and after the World Championships in Oslo, Sara Takanashi has 1275 points in the World Cup ranking. That gives her an uncatchable advantage of 247 points over Yuki Ito and 286 points over Maren Lundby in third place. It is the 4th overall victory in the World Cup for Sara Takanashi after 2013, 2014 and 2016.

The second competitions of the ladies in Pyeongchang will start on Thursday at 7.45 am (CET).

Full Results Here

Stefan Kraft wins first Ski Jumping World Cup in Korea

2Q==

Stefan Kraft won the first of two Ski Jumping World Cup competitions in PyeongChang (KOR) in an oustanding manner. In the first ever Ski Jumping World Cup in Korea, the Austrian jumped on 138 m and 137.5 m (293.5 points) and took a clear win ahead of Andreas Wellinger (136 m and 136 m; 279.8 points) and Poland's Kamil Stoch (126.5 m and 134 m; 268.2 points). The HS 140 hill in PyeongChang received lots of positive feedback of the athletes, the Olympic Games next winter in Korea will probably be a Ski Jumping festival.

Kraft did really well on the HS 140 hill right from the start and it became clear right away that he would be the one to beat. It was the eighth World Cup win for Kraft, the fourth this season. The fact that he was on the podium in six competitions in a row now underlines his outstanding shape at the moment. "It's going really well for me at the moment. I did well here right from the start, also on the normal hill.

And I knew that usually I jump even better on a large hill. There are hills where it's relatively easy to jump far and I'm glad that this one here is one of those hills for me", said the winner. And besides the hill, Kraft also praised the huge wind net: "I think this is the best wind net I have ever seen, it's perfect to protect the hill. Of course I want to fight for the top again tomorrow but I'll need to perfect jumps again for that", Kraft was already looking ahead to Thursday's competition.

For Andreas Wellinger, who is jumping on the highest level for weeks now, this was his fifth second place in the last seven competitions: "I'm definitely very satisfied, especially with the second jump. It was even better than the first one. Stefan is simply a bit better at the moment, so I just have to improve my jumps in order to keep up with him. It's a cool experience to be here and see the Olympic venue. I can then return here next year with positive experience and both hills are fun to jump. Right now Ski Jumping is a lot of fun, I'm in a good shape and have a lot of self-confidence now before the World Championships", said Wellinger.  

Double Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland was satisfied with his third place: "I'm really satisfied with the result, but I made some mistakes in the first round. I was much too late at the take-off and I had to fight to jump as far as possible. The second jump was really good, it was that kind of jump I would want to have all the time. I like this hill, because the profile is good for me. The preparation of the hill was very good, especially in the outrun, it was totally flat."

Slovenia's Anze Lanisek in fourth and Stephan Leyhe of Germany in fifth provided the surprises of the day. Both had the longest jumps of the day with 139.5 m in the second round and both achieved career-best results. 

Norway's Daniel Andre Tande really doesn't have luck on his side this season. He was third after the first round but finished only sixth due to bad wind conditions in the final. No wonder he was fed up after his jump. Poland's Maciej Kot (6th), Karl Geiger (9th) and Norway's Robert Johansson (10th) shared a similar fate.

Richard Freitag, who was competing despite being sick, came in 11th and showed a strong performance, just like the rest of his German team. Even if Andreas Wank finished only 25th after he was on a very good eighth place after the first round. Pius Paschke was 38th and failed to qualify for the final of the Top 30. Also the Austrians achieved a very good team result. Besides Kraft, Michael Hayboeck (8th), Manuel Fettner (14th) and Clemens Aigner (15th) scored points today. Domen Prevc was 17th and is still struggling to get back in the great shape from the beginning of the season.

In the overall World Cup, Kamil Stoch (1240 points) is now exactly 100 points ahead of Stefan Kraft (1140 points). Daniel Andre Tande of Norway is third, followed by the best German, Andreas Wellinger, in fifth with 788 points.

The second competition in PyeongChang starts on Thursday at 7:00 pm local time (11:00 am CET).

Full Results Here

Japanese double victory in Pyeongchang

2Q==

Sara Takanashi took the win in the second competition of the FIS World Cup Ladies Ski Jumping in Pyeongchang. One day after Takanashi already secured the overall World Cup victory she proved her class once more with jumps to 99,5 and 97,0 meters and 215,1 points. Places two and three went to teammate Yuki Ito and Maren Lundby of Norway.

53rd win for Takanashi
Takanashi said: „I am very happy, that I won this 53rd World Cup on the Olympic hill. The conditions been very difficult. I had to focus very much on what I have to do.“ Yuki Ito delivered the outstanding moment of the day on the new Olympic hill. With 111,0 meters she performed a new hill record in the final round and came back from 4th place after round one. Ito was only 1,5 points short of the victory. She said: „In the final I was quite lucky with the wind. But also in the first round I was able to do a good jump. I have a good feeling for this hill. But in order to achieve something here next year I will have to do a lot of work.“

Tricky wind in Pyeongchang
On third place Maren Lundby was struggling with the wind conditions. After 103,0 meters and a clear lead after the first round, 94,0 meters in the final were not enough for the victory. 210,2 points and the third place still should give the Norwegian huge confidence for the upcoming World Championships. „It was very windy and difficult today. But I was able to keep it together and show good jumps. The result is important because it feels good to know what is coming up at the Olympics next year. As for Lahti, I hope I will make two good jumps and hopefully finish on the podium. That is my goal.“

Klinec falling and still 4th
Ema Klinec of Slovenia left out on her second podium finish in Pyeongchang due to a fall in the final round. With 101,0 and 102,0 meters she still came in fourth despite the fall with 187,7 points. Yuka Seto completed an almost perfect Japanese team performance with 172,9 points on 5th place ahead of Germany´s Ramona Straub. Julia Kykkaenen of Finland did even better than on Wednesday and finished 7th ahead of US girl Nita Englund.

Tikhonova in top ten
Sofya Tikhonova of Russia came in 9th and celebrated the second top ten result of her career, Slovenia´s Maja Vtic finished 10th. The young German squad with Gianina Ernst, Luisa Goerlich and Agnes Reisch came in 11th, 13th and 15th. Natasha Bodnarchuk of Canada secured World Cup points on 19 position ahead of teammate Atsuko Tanaka. Oceane Avocat Gros was best French athlete on 22nd place.

Next stop: World Championships
In exactly one week the ladies have to face the qualification for the individual competition of the World Championships in Lahti (FIN). The next and last World Cup will be held on the legendary Holmenkollen in Oslo (NOR) on March 12th.

Full Results Here

Maciej Kot takes his second win

9k=

Poland's Maciej Kot took his second win in the World Cup within only a week. After his first victory last Saturday in Sapporo (JPN), Kot stood on top of the podium for the second time during this Asia-Tour in PyeongChang (KOR). Stefan Kraft of Austria and Germany's Andreas Wellinger came in second and third. Due to the strong wind, the competition was moved from the large hill (HS 140) to the normal hill (HS 109) in the Alpensia Jumping Park in PyeongChang.

In the inrun area there were wind gusts of up to 20 m/s on Thursday, but the effecitve wind nets at the hills in PyeongChang made it possible to carry out a competition. "Of course it was difficult today and you needed a bit of luck to finish among the best, but that's part of the game. I had this luck especially in the final round", said Maciej Kot. He added: "I'm in a really good shape at the moment, both jumps were good. In Sapporo I said that I hope it's not my last win and today I won again, this is amazing." Kot moved up to first from fifth after the first round.

Andreas Wellinger also came from behind in today's final. He was only 16th after the first round and with the longest jump of the day of 112 m in the final he could move up to third overall. "I was definitely frustrated after the first round. The jump was not that good, but extremely aggressive at the take-off. It would have worked better on large or ski flying hill. The wind conditions were also not good. I focused on the second round and I had a bit more luck then. I didn't expect that I could move up all the way to the third place. I'm in a very good shape and when all the details work out in a jump then it goes really far. When I do a good jump at the World Championships, then a lot is possible there for me. There are many jumpers, who can be on the podium and those who will have their best jumps will come out on top," Wellinger said after the competition.

Austria's Stefan Kraft remains the top favorite for the World Championships in Lahti (FIN) starting next week. After his win yesterday, Kraft showed another convincing performance today and finished second. "It was not that difficult to adjust to the normal hill. My first jump in the qualification was very good, it worked well right from the start. In the first round it wasn't easy because of the gate change and the delays, but my jump was very good. My second jump was not that perfect but being on the podium again is amazing. I'd rather be considered a top favorite for the World Championships than going there in a bad shape. I'm looking forward to in, but many others are strong as well. It will be very interesting, 10 to 15 athletes will be fighting for the medals", said Kraft, who was on the podium for the seventh time in a row.

Slovenia's Peter Prevc and Daniel Andre Tande of Norway weren't that lucky in the final. Prevc was in the lead after the first round and came in fourth, Tande was second with a very good first jump and finished fifth overall, but still both can be satisfied with their results.

World Cup leader Kamil Stoch was sixth, ahead of Russia's Evgeniy Klimov, who is consistently jumping on a high level this winter. Dawid Kubacki was eighth and completed the next very good team result for Poland. Piotr Zyla was the fourth-best of the Polish team in 18th.

Andreas Wank benefited from the change to the normal hill and seized the opportunity with a ninth place, that could be valuable for him when it comes to the nomination for the German team for the WSC in Lahti. Robert Johansson moved up from 20th to tenth in the second round.

Anze Lanisek of Slovenia, who equalled his career-best result with a fourth place on Wednesday, was among the best in the first round today in fifth, but in the final he had bad luck with the conditions and finished only 14th. Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes shared a similar fate today. The Canadian was eighth in the first round and had a good chance to achieve the second Top 10 result of his career, but he also lost some ground in the final and ended up 26th.

Simon Ammann, Vincent Descombes Sevoie, Jan Ziobro, Noriaki Kasai and Jurij Tepes didn't gain positive experiences today on the normal hill for the next Winter Olympics. They were among those, who failed to qualify for the final round of the Top 30.

Overall it was a positive test for the facility of the Olympic Games 2018 in PyeongChang, the Korean organizers did a very good job. Athletes and fans can look forward to great Olympic competitions at this venue.

Kamil Stoch remains in the lead of the overall World Cup with 1280 points, followed by Stefan Kraft (1220 points) and Daniel Andre Tande (1119 points).

For the ski jumpers the World Championships in Lahti (FIN) already start next Wednesday with the first official training.

Full Results Here

• 4 weeks later...

Austria takes first team victory since 2014

2Q==

The team of Austria, with Michael Hayboeck, Manuel Fettner, Markus Schiffner and Stefan Kraft, won an exciting team competition on the Holmenkollen in Oslo. They scored a total of 999.7 points with their eight jumps and came in close ahead of Germany (987.2 points) and the Polish team (986.7 points). The local heroes of Norway finished fourth, 3.6 points behind Poland.

The top 4 in a team event haven't been that close yet this winter. After eight jumps of every team on the Holmenkollen, the winners and the fourth-placed team were only separated by 16.7 points. A week ago Poland took the win at the WSC in Lahti, this team the Austrians finished on top. Michael Hayboeck, Manuel Fettner, Markus Schiffner and Stefan Kraft secured the first team victory for Austria in almost three years. The last time the team of Heinz Kuttin, who is not in Oslo due to an illness, could celebrate a win was in March 2014.

"This was a sensational competition, it was not looking that good for us yesterday. It was not easy today, the wind was changing fast and often. There was head wind at the take-off and starting at about 100 m there was tail wind. This made it difficult to jump today", said double World Champion Stefan Kraft, who took the lead in the Raw Air Tournament with his two top jumps. "That's good, but we only had 3 of the 16 jumps, it's still a long way to go until Vikersund", Kraft said about this leading position in the overall ranking of the Raw Air.

Second top athlete of the Austrians today was Michael Hayboeck, who was able to show a great performance after he was struggling a bit recently. "It was a relief for me that I was able to show what I'm really capable of in this team competition", said Hayboeck after the 28th win in a World Cup team competition for Austria.

The German team of head coach Werner Schuster can also be satisfied with the second place. Andreas Wellinger, Stephan Leyhe, Richard Freitag and Markus Eisenbichler, were fourth in Lahti and could celebrate a podium finish after a strong performance today. A close team performance was the decisive factor for the success of the German team. "All in all it was a good performance. I'm satisfied with the competition and the result", said Werner Schuster.

The newly crowned team World Champions from Poland finished third in front of many enthusiastic Polish fans in Oslo. Piotr Zyla, Dawid Kubacki, Maciej Kot and Kamil Stoch showed yet another strong performance but came in close behind the top this time. "It was a good competition. We missed the second place, or even the victory by a really tiny margin. That doesn’t change the fact that we are still very satisfied with our result today. We fought until the very end, we did our very best. We did make some minor mistakes, fortunately it was enough for a podium. The atmosphere at the hill was great, it almost felt like home. I would like to thank the Polish fans for making it a very special day for us", Kamil Stoch summed up the competition for his team.

The Norwegian team, that started with high expectations after the second place in Lahti, was not satisfied with the fourth place in this home event. Especially Daniel Andre Tande was struggling with the wind conditions and the jury decision after his first jump. Not even a good final jump could make up for the disappointment in the first round.

Japan, Slovenia, the Czech Republic and Switzerland finished on the places five to eight.

After three of 16 competition jumps, Austria's Stefan Kraft leads the Raw Air overall ranking with 404.3 points, followed by Peter Prevc of Slovenia (395.2 points) and Andreas Wellinger (392.7 points). Piotr Zyla of Poland is fourth with 392.2 points.

Full Results Here

Ito takes the final victory of the season

Z

Yuki Ito of Japan won the final of the FIS World Cup Ladies Ski Jumping on the big hill in Oslo. With the best 30 athletes of the season competing, Ito performed the longest jump of the day in the first round with 130,0 meters. 124,5 meters in the in round and 258,7 points gave her a comfortable lead over teammate Sara Takanashi who came in 2nd.

Lundby third of the day and overall
Third place went to local hero Maren Lundby of Norway. Yuki Ito  also secured her second place in the World Cup overall ranking behind Sara Takanashi and ahead of Maren Lundby and said: “The first round was my worst jump in Oslo this year. But I knew I can do better. I am very happy to win in this historic place.” . Sara Takanashi delivered a great fight with Maren Lundby for the second place of the day. 127,0 and 126,0 meters and 251,0 points gave her a 0,2 point advantage over Lundby.

Takanashi said: “The season started very good but there have been ups and downs. I was not able to improve my jumps the way I wanted to. The problem is my inrun position. I will have to work on this during the summer.”

Lundby achieving her goals
Lundby, still second after the first round, performed 129,0 and 124,5 meters. Lundby said: “I am very happy with the podium today. Also it was my goal to finish the season in the top three as the first Norwegian lady.”

Behind the top three there was a large gap of more than 13 points. Fourth place went to Germany´s Katharina Althaus with 124,5 and 121,5 meters and 237,0 points. In foggy but steady conditions Jaqueline Seifriedsberger of Austria finished the season on a 5th place with 234,7 points ahead of Slovenia´s Ema Klinec with 226,6 points.

Vogt not as strong as in the training
World Champion Carina Vogt could not quite confirm her training jumps and came in 7th with 222,3 points ahead of Chiara Hoelzl of Austria. Places nine and ten went to Germany´s mixed team World Champion Svenja Wuerth and Yuka Seto of Japan. Maja Vtic of Slovenia just missed out on the top ten and came in 11th head of Kaori Iwabuchi and Elena Runggaldier of Italy. Julia Kykkaenen finished on a good 14th place for Finland. Best French athlete was Lea Lemare on 16th pace behind Spela Rogelj.

Englund best US girl
Nita Englund and Sarah Hendrickson finished 19th and 21st for the US team. Anastasiya Barannikova was best Russian on 20th place. In the overall ranking Sara Takanashi is finishing first for the 4th time with 1455 points ahead of Yuki Ito with 1208 point. 99 points behind Maren Lundby claimed the overall podium for the first time finishing third. Places 4 and 5 went to Germany with Katharina Althaus and Carina Vogt.

Iraschko best Austrian of the season
Best Austrian is Daniela Iraschko-Stolz, who did not compete in Oslo, on 6th place ahead of the best Slovenian Ema Klinec and Jaqueline Seifriedsberger. Irina Avvakumova and Svenja Wuerth completing the top ten.

Japan best team
The Nation´s Cup is going to Japan 3357 points ahead of Germany (2685) and Slovenia. Austria, who won the ranking in the past two years, just missed out on the podium and came in 4th (1651).

9k=

Full Results Here

Womens Ski Jumping 2016/17 World Cup Final Ranking Here

Womens Nations Cup Final Ranking Here

Stefan Kraft wins on the Holmenkollen

Z

"My best jump ever"

"Everything worked out great for my today, I had two perfect jumps and good conditions in both rounds, that's why I could win. If it goes that well you have a lot of energy, so I'm already looking forward to jumping in Lillehammer tomorrow. It's cool to be the leader in the RAW AIR. Normally I would take a day off tomorrow, but that's not possible. The RAW AIR is a new challenge for all of us", the winner explained after the competition.

Wellinger 20.5 points behind Kraft

With the longest jump of the day of 133.5 m, Wellinger was in the lead after the first half of the competition. The German then jumped on 127 m in the final and could not keep up with Kraft: "Stefan just said that he made his best jump in the final, so it would have been hard to beat him anyway, but I also had a mistake in my second jump, it was not as good as my first one. It was a great competition, Stefan is in a great shape and so it will be hard to beat him. But in Ski Jumping it can go really fast in both directions. I'm sure that the RAW AIR will be exciting until the very last jump", said Andreas Wellinger, who is 20.5 points behind Kraft in the RAW AIR overall ranking after 5 of 16 jumps.

Wellinger's teammate Markus Eisenbichler achieved the second podium result of his career in the World Cup. Eisenbichler jumped on 128.5 m and 125.5 m and scored 244.1 points. "It was a very, very good day for our team with two athletes on the podium. I was hoping that Andi can show a normal second jump, not such a bad one. But if it's still enough for him to finish second you can't complain. The RAW AIR is different than the 4-Hills-Tournament, because the qualifications and the team events also count. This makes it really exhausting and it can't be compared to the 4-Hills. I think it's really cool, but I'm focusing on my jumps and not on the overall ranking", said Eisenbichler.

Daiki Ito came in fourth and could finally achieve a top result for the team of Japan, after it has been a difficult 2016/17 winter season for Ito, Kasai and the others. Behind Ito, the places 5, 6, 7 and 10 went to the team of Norway. Andreas Stjernen, Robert Johansson, Daniel Andre Tande and Johann Forfang are getting better and better on their home turf and haven't lost sight of the RAW AIR overall ranking. 

With 11 competition jumps to go there's still a lot possible. Best Norwegian is currently Andreas Stjernen in sixth, about 60 points behind Stefan Kraft. But considering the 5 rounds on the Ski Flying hill in Vikersund at the end of the RAW AIR series, it's seems to be a lot more than it actually is.

Also Piotr Zyla of Poland and Slovenia's Peter Prevc still have a good chance to finish on the overall podium. Piotr Zyla, ninth today on the Holmenkollen, is fourth, only 2.9 points behind third-placed Markus Eisenbichler. Peter Prevc, who was second in the RAW AIR after Saturday's team event, lost some ground with a 16th place today, but in fifth he currently is less than ten points behind Eisenbichler.

It's not going that well right now for Zyla's teammate Kamil Stoch. The Pole finished on a disappointing 16th place on Sunday and not only lost his chances to achieve a top result in the RAW AIR, but also the lead in the overall World Cup. In the fight for the big crystal bowl Stoch is now 31 points behind Stefan Kraft.

The RAW AIR continues already tomorrow with the qualification in Lillehammer. The team will travel to Lillehammer on Monday morning, the official training and the qualification will be held in the afternoon.

Full Results Here