website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates! :thumbup:

The food was amazing :wub:

One of my presents was an umbrella "because you're going to Ireland in 3 weeks" as my parents said :lol:

We opened the gifts last night but when I was a kid we opened them on the 25th, in the morning.

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is that like a results book or? :mumble:

our olympic committee publish these publications after every games. The book has 2 parts, the first full of articles and pictures about the Rio olympics with articles mostly focusing about our athletes and their competitions. but also there articles about many others important and mentionable achievements or things from thelast olympics. The second part is about results, the complete result book of all Rio 2016 events, medal standing, fotos and results of all our athletes etc..

I have all these books since the Lillehammer 1994 games, so the tradition can continue :)

here what looks the book https://www.olympic.sk/aktuality-sov/sov-vydal-kniznu-pamatnicu-hier-xxxi-olympiady-rio-2016-na-cestu-k-citatelom-ju-nasi-traja-olympijski-sampioni-z-ria-poklepali-zlatymi-medailami

Kniha%20Rio%20obalka.jpg

32 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Cool. :yes

Let me guess, slalom canoeing and athletics were the first sports you've checked. :d

haha correct :d well there some 8 pages only about the 50km race walk event and also the same for the canoeing slalom competitions for example :d

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

haha correct :d well there some 8 pages only about the 50km race walk event and also the same for the canoeing slalom competitions for example :d

8 pages only? That'd be pretty much for one event. To cover all events in 8 pages, the book would consist of at least 2448 pages. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

On 25 December 2016 at 17:34, Bohemia said:

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates! :thumbup:

The food was amazing :wub:

One of my presents was an umbrella "because you're going to Ireland in 3 weeks" as my parents said :lol:

We opened the gifts last night but when I was a kid we opened them on the 25th, in the morning.

Haha, very good thinking on their part :lol:.

Woohoo, hope you enjoy your stay here. I wish I could promise you decent weather but you know how it is :d

Il y a 1 heure , OlympicIRL a déclaré:

Haha, very good thinking on their part :lol:.

Woohoo, hope you enjoy your stay here. I wish I could promise you decent weather but you know how it is :d

Yes :lol: There is something written on it, "même pas mouillée" = not even wet XD

Haha yes I know, and I've already been looking at the weather forecast in Galway for the past few months :lol: (and surprisingly it's not that different from where I live, except maybe for the wind)

Edited by Bohemia