Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,516 posts in this topic

Just now, heywoodu said:

 

Last year her best result came in her last weekend, where she had 244 points at the sprint in Obertilliach (which was the 3rd time any Brazilian ever shot clean by the way) :p 

 

She has improved incredibly much so I am very confident that, with good shooting, she is capable of systematically going well below 200 points.. 

That would be quite amazing if she did make it to the WCH. :cheer:

Now to watch the sprint. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

That would be quite amazing if she did make it to the WCH. :cheer:

Now to watch the sprint. 

Literally "watch" or you mean watching the live timing? Just making sure I'm not missing a live stream :p 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, www.biathlonresults.com has been all updated and renewed and everything...and now it doesn't work! 

 

It always worked so easy, but now it's like a huge maze and it doesn't work..

 

61dc6351e6.jpg

Hah okay I'll just loosely keep track of the live results. I actually was hopeful for a livestream on YouTube, but all of them were fake. 

What is with this new datacenter? It's great I think except for the live stuff. I just went to 'Start List', hopefully it'll work from there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Hah okay I'll just loosely keep track of the live results. I actually was hopeful for a livestream on YouTube, but all of them were fake. 

What is with this new datacenter? It's great I think except for the live stuff. I just went to 'Start List', hopefully it'll work from there.

The thing is, the Datacenter was full of "dead" stuff..like links to statistics that didn't exist, non-existing athlete profiles etc. The live timing was the thing that worked very well....instead of all the "dead info", they changed the live timing and now it doesn't work :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Literally "watch" or you mean watching the live timing? Just making sure I'm not missing a live stream :p 

I guess it's pretty simple, now that you think of it. You sort of customize your feed since you can add various things at the same time. I'm going to add 'standings' and 'range' to start with.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

I guess it's pretty simple, now that you think of it. You sort of customize your feed since you can add various things at the same time. I'm going to add 'standings' and 'range' to start with.

Yes I just discovered that clicking the big X makes this part go away and makes the rest visible...once you find that out, it has potential :p

 

85223022fd.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

Yes I just discovered that clicking the big X makes this part go away and makes the rest visible...once you find that out, it has potential :p

 

85223022fd.jpg

Hahaha :d

I'm kind of liking this actually. It'll take some getting used to but it's pretty cool. 

What I don't understand is what are the numbers under the "Next" in standings. (1,2,2,4,4,3...)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Hahaha :d

I'm kind of liking this actually. It'll take some getting used to but it's pretty cool. 

What I don't understand is what are the numbers under the "Next" in standings. (1,2,2,4,4,3...)

I suppose it has something to do with the current position, but I don't really get in which way.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I suppose it has something to do with the current position, but I don't really get in which way.. 

I think the 'Standings' is some kind of live tracker and estimator of who is in which place. 

An interesting development, I guess. Hard to follow though. Might just pull up a few checkpoints and the range and watch from there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta admit, in this way it actually works mightily fine I think :d 

 

Spoiler

fe4e0f2ced.png

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's basically what I've done, except I put the intervals with just before the shooting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like there's a serious wind there, so many shooting misses.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One person so far has shot clean. Very true.

Krupcik 4 misses :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're from a small nation, this is the chance already to get a very good IBU points score in.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

If you're from a small nation, this is the chance already to get a very good IBU points score in.. 

Yeah! But everyone is missing... Maybe the guy from Denmark has a chance. He only missed one in the prone. Plakalovic from Bosnia also skis decently fast. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now