Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    796

Provisional World Cup calendar:

1eb189ed25.png

And the provisional IBU Cup calendar:

aadbd44054.png

I can already see another nice biathlon trip in my crystal globe :evil:

Option 1: A double with the new biathlon complex of Lenzerheide and the beautiful town and scenery of Obertilliach (or only Obertilliach if travelling between the two is a bit hard).

Option 2: A longer, triple trip starting in Arber and going on to the Süd-Tiroler double of Ridnaun and Martell :cheer:

I guess it all depends a little on the plans of a certain Brazilian biathlete :p 

Federer91    169

Russia on the calendar, i wonder how long before certain people start blabbing again. 

heywoodu    796
4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Russia on the calendar, i wonder how long before certain people start blabbing again. 

Exactly, it's quite weird from IBU that they give Russia a World Cup and two IBU Cups and they even didn't take away the Summer World Championships yet.. 

And Khanty as IBU Cup is just sad, that should be a World Cup venue :(

Xander    12

Valj Semerenko revealed the true reason why she flopped one season & basically skipped another one & it explained those pictures in the woods from the hospital  while everyone was on trainings, thought it was an ordinary recovery. The head of federation was saying that she's got tired and she needs to find motivation.

The real reason is that she had cancer :cry: She said that yesterday while departing to the trainings in Estonia. She doesn't want to talk about it though.

Edited by Xander

heywoodu    796
41 minutes ago, Xander said:

Valj Semerenko revealed the true reason why she flopped one season & basically skipped another one & it explained those pictures in the woods from the hospital  while everyone was on trainings, thought it was an ordinary recovery. The head of federation was saying that she's got tired and she needs to find motivation.

The real reason is that she had cancer :cry: She said that yesterday while departing to the trainings in Estonia. She doesn't want to talk about it though.

:yikes:

Well, 'she had cancer' sounds relatively good, as in, the word 'had' sounds like a good thing? Meaning that she's all back, the cancer is gone and she's ready to fight again?

heywoodu    796

In other news: Weronika Nowakowska-Ziemniak will retire after next season, Marie Dorin-Habert will likely do the same although she isn't completely sure yet. 

Xander    12
49 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

:yikes:

Well, 'she had cancer' sounds relatively good, as in, the word 'had' sounds like a good thing? Meaning that she's all back, the cancer is gone and she's ready to fight again?

Yep she said it's gone (yay! :d ) & she hopes it won't come back, she's still recovering after that but it's nothing serious now. 

I guessed about that 1 year ago when Valj was in the middle of her surgery (or right before) & threatened our 1st Olympic biathlete/medalist for implying that Valj was pregnant like Vita. She clearly was in a bad mental state. But it's all good now & she's training... Vita's baby travels with the team so it's 1 huge family )))))))

Xander    12

It seems that Uroš Velepec buried the hutchet with Jakov Fak.

Ukrainian women's team & Jakov on a barbecue/picnic in Estonia with our trainers, Vita's husband and a baby baby4_smiley.gif

9YbOcQU.jpg

:SLO:UKR:POL:hug:

meanwhile Nadiya Belova came back to Poland (w/ Weronika Nowakowska): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DChTn0eXUAA3Vpb.jpg

Edited by Xander