Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

heywoodu    1,114
1 minute ago, dcro said:

 

There are several small nations that had the same athlete in both XC and biathlon at the Olympics. :d

Ah, true :p 

 

As for Brazil, that's not gonna happen for the men since there's no male biathlete with a reasonable chance to qualify. As for the women, they're hoping for 2 quota in cross-country (very, very likely Jaqueline Mourão and maybe someone else, depending on whether or not Mourão qualifies a second quota), and in biathlon they're hoping for Bruna to qualify. If Mourão manages to get the 2nd quota, Mika Picin and Gabi Neres would be likely contenders for that one so I doubt we'll see anyone compete in both XC and biathlon for Brazil this time :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    810
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well even if you only gets back at 90% of what she used to be it should still pretty much ensure Slovakia has 5 women's quota in Pyeongchang instead of having the fear to drop down to 2, so that's good :p 

 

 

 

sure, but man not want to sound arogant or so, but even without her, to not qualify 5 womens quotas to PyeongChang would be a huge embarassing disappointment !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,114
3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

sure, but man not want to sound arogant or so, but even without her, to not qualify 5 womens quotas to PyeongChang would be a huge embarassing disappointment !

Obviously, but I mean, last season Slovakia finished 16th in the Nation Cup, where top-20 is needed for 5 quotas. They'd probably make it without Kuzmina of course, but if she's not there, they really can't have a situation where P Fialkova and/or Gerekova would get injured and be out for a month or longer. Now that Kuzmina is there again, they have more 'breathing space' in case someone gets injured, so much less reason to worry if something unexpected happens :p 

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    810
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Obviously, but I mean, last season Slovakia finished 16th in the Nation Cup, where top-20 is needed for 5 quotas. They'd probably make it without Kuzmina of course, but if she's not there, they really can't have a situation where P Fialkova and/or Gerekova would get injured and be out for a month or longer. Now that Kuzmina is there again, they have more 'breathing space' in case someone gets injured, so much less reason to worry if something unexpected happens :p 

 

wel, let´s hope nothing bad will happen to our favorite teams in the upcomming olympic qualifications :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,114
Just now, hckosice said:

 

wel, let´s hope nothing bad will happen to our favorite teams in the upcomming olympic qualifications :d

I'll be cheering for every miraculous Slovak 0+0 or, if theoretically possible, 0+0+0+0, don't worry :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    969
7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, true :p 

 

As for Brazil, that's not gonna happen for the men since there's no male biathlete with a reasonable chance to qualify. As for the women, they're hoping for 2 quota in cross-country (very, very likely Jaqueline Mourão and maybe someone else, depending on whether or not Mourão qualifies a second quota), and in biathlon they're hoping for Bruna to qualify. If Mourão manages to get the 2nd quota, Mika Picin and Gabi Neres would be likely contenders for that one so I doubt we'll see anyone compete in both XC and biathlon for Brazil this time :p 

 

Two quotas seem quite unlikely. For two quotas in the same gender you need two athletes under 100 FIS points + one of them has to be inside the top 300 on FIS points list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,114
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

 

Two quotas seem quite unlikely. For two quotas in the same gender you need two athletes under 100 FIS points + one of them has to be inside the top 300 on FIS points list.

 

Are you sure about especially that first part? As far as I know, CBDN (the Brazilian federation) is quite certain that one athlete getting under 100 FIS points and being inside the top-300 is enough, which they're planning to reach with Mourão. If that's out of the question though, I think it might be about time I ask Bruna to have a conversation with CBDN's cross-country guy about whether or not he read the rules right :mumble:

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    969
10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

Are you sure about especially that first part? As far as I know, CBDN (the Brazilian federation) is quite certain that one athlete getting under 100 FIS points and being inside the top-300 is enough, which they're planning to reach with Mourão. If that's out of the question though, I think it might be about time I ask Bruna to have a conversation with CBDN's cross-country guy about whether or not he read the rules right :mumble:

 

Yes, having more than one athlete requires that all of them have A standards. Same for alpine skiing.

 

Croatia for example had female athlete within top 300 of sprint points list for Sochi but we didn't get the second quota because we didn't have 2 athletes with A standard. So I have some bad experience with that rule. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    810

Osrblie selected to host the youth/juniors world championhips 2019 :thumbup:

 

also Russian Sochi 2014 sprint sliver medalist Olga Vilukhina announced retirement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×