website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Just now, heywoodu said:

Someone on a Dutch forum just answered "Yes" to that question...maybe a malfunction in the timing or something and he actually didn't shoot 5/5 but 4/5? 

It's weird because I saw in the broadcast the target went down. The commentator also said that Beatrix will get second before changing his story and saying he got a penalty loop. Maybe it took awhile to go down and Beatrix didn't see it?

Just now, heywoodu said:

Someone on a Dutch forum just answered "Yes" to that question...maybe a malfunction in the timing or something and he actually didn't shoot 5/5 but 4/5? 

I hope that we will know soon. This is really interesting

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

It's weird because I saw in the broadcast the target went down. The commentator also said that Beatrix will get second before changing his story and saying he got a penalty loop. Maybe it took awhile to go down and Beatrix didn't see it?

I didn't pay close attention, but the race is finished so I'll rewind the broadcast and see what there is to see :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Nothing to see there, apart from Beatrix coming out of the penalty loop. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

http://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/ibu-press-release-extraordinary-ibu-executive-board-meeting

Russia was stripped of the World Cup in Tyumen and Youth/Junior World Championship in Ostrov.

There's only 1 biathlete from the local level among doping offenders.

30 (!) biathletes who took part in international competitions.

2 biathletes were suspended, the rest 29 wait for IBU's decision.

According to recent interviews at least 1 of those 2 took part in the OG in Sochi, the main competitors for hosting the World Cup event are Holmenkollen & Kontiolahti.

Edited by Xander

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

http://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/ibu-press-release-extraordinary-ibu-executive-board-meeting

Russia was stripped of the World Cup in Tyumen and Youth/Junior World Championship in Ostrov.

There's only 1 biathlete from the local level among doping offenders.

30 (!) biathletes who took part in international competitions.

2 biathletes were punished, the rest 29 wait for IBU's decision.

According to recent interviews at least 1 of those 2 took part in the OG in Sochi, the main competitors for hosting the World Cup event are Holmenkollen & Kontiolahti.

What shame.... Any news about the new host city?