Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,516 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Obviously, but I mean, last season Slovakia finished 16th in the Nation Cup, where top-20 is needed for 5 quotas. They'd probably make it without Kuzmina of course, but if she's not there, they really can't have a situation where P Fialkova and/or Gerekova would get injured and be out for a month or longer. Now that Kuzmina is there again, they have more 'breathing space' in case someone gets injured, so much less reason to worry if something unexpected happens :p 

wel, let´s hope nothing bad will happen to our favorite teams in the upcomming olympic qualifications :d

Just now, hckosice said:

wel, let´s hope nothing bad will happen to our favorite teams in the upcomming olympic qualifications :d

I'll be cheering for every miraculous Slovak 0+0 or, if theoretically possible, 0+0+0+0, don't worry :d 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, true :p 

As for Brazil, that's not gonna happen for the men since there's no male biathlete with a reasonable chance to qualify. As for the women, they're hoping for 2 quota in cross-country (very, very likely Jaqueline Mourão and maybe someone else, depending on whether or not Mourão qualifies a second quota), and in biathlon they're hoping for Bruna to qualify. If Mourão manages to get the 2nd quota, Mika Picin and Gabi Neres would be likely contenders for that one so I doubt we'll see anyone compete in both XC and biathlon for Brazil this time :p 

Two quotas seem quite unlikely. For two quotas in the same gender you need two athletes under 100 FIS points + one of them has to be inside the top 300 on FIS points list.

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Two quotas seem quite unlikely. For two quotas in the same gender you need two athletes under 100 FIS points + one of them has to be inside the top 300 on FIS points list.

Are you sure about especially that first part? As far as I know, CBDN (the Brazilian federation) is quite certain that one athlete getting under 100 FIS points and being inside the top-300 is enough, which they're planning to reach with Mourão. If that's out of the question though, I think it might be about time I ask Bruna to have a conversation with CBDN's cross-country guy about whether or not he read the rules right :mumble:

Edited by heywoodu

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Are you sure about especially that first part? As far as I know, CBDN (the Brazilian federation) is quite certain that one athlete getting under 100 FIS points and being inside the top-300 is enough, which they're planning to reach with Mourão. If that's out of the question though, I think it might be about time I ask Bruna to have a conversation with CBDN's cross-country guy about whether or not he read the rules right :mumble:

Yes, having more than one athlete requires that all of them have A standards. Same for alpine skiing.

Croatia for example had female athlete within top 300 of sprint points list for Sochi but we didn't get the second quota because we didn't have 2 athletes with A standard. So I have some bad experience with that rule. :p

46yo Latvian Ilmars Bricis is out of retirement and will compete in upcoming season :yikes:

Osrblie selected to host the youth/juniors world championhips 2019 :thumbup:

also Russian Sochi 2014 sprint sliver medalist Olga Vilukhina announced retirement

Due to some personal issues, Diana Rasimovičiūtė of Lithuania focused all of her time to training in order to forget them and it really seems to be paying off. Now the question is, if the best Lithuanian biathlete is ready to have a season of her life starting late November. During the competition in Norway, she took 13th place in the sprint, finishing right after famous Miriam Gossner. During the Mass Start, Diana was in contention for a very high spot with the shooting of 0+0+1, but missing three in the last standing knocked her out of top 10. In an interview she mentioned that she is very happy and determined to show up this year.

Edited by Werloc

Susanna Kurzthaler has announced her retirement:
http://www.tt.com/sport/12283913-91/die-struktur-ließ-meine--karriere-nicht-mehr-zu.csp

Yep, that's right. The 21-year old Austrian who won gold (individual) and bronze (relay) at this year's junior world championships. If I'm reading it correctly, the training centre/"Stutzpunkt" in Seefeld has been cancelled and everyone's basically forced to move to Hochfilzen. That raised a ton of problems, ÖSV didn't manage to solve it (they say they tried everything, Camp Kurzthaler says they only gave false hope) and in September she decided to call it quits. 

Interesting detail: She sent a letter to the national doping agency to be removed from the testing pool, as retiring athletes do, but a few weeks later they came to test her anyway. Which she decided to make no problem of - smart decision, otherwise there might have been a shadow over her with rumours like "she refused a doping test and then quit..".

Team Slovakia for first World Cup Stage in Ostersund

Men

Martin Otčenáš, Matej Kazár, Michal Šima, Tomáš Hasilla

Women

Jana Gereková, Paulína Fialková, Terézia Poliaková, Ivona Fialková

Kuzmina will start her season in Pokljuka during the 2nd stage.

Also it´s official Miroslav Matiaško, Natália Prekopová and Martina Chrapánová announced their retirement.

some interesting statistics of slovak biathletes :)

for example running form (average run time gap from winners in world cup sprint races)

beh zeny graf 2015 16 koniec

or shooting percentage in world cup races

strelba zeny graf 2015 16 koniec

time shooting average at world cup races

strelba cas zeny 15 16

http://www.biatlon-info.sk/spravodajstvo/svetovy-pohar/260-slovenky-pred-sezonou-navrat-legendy-prichod-trenera-i-koniec-niekdajsich-nadeji

24 minutes ago, hckosice said:

or shooting percentage in world cup races

strelba zeny graf 2015 16 koniec

It is indeed a little worrysome that almost 30 seasons (all seasons of these athletes combined) didn't result in even one season with a 85% average :p 

I hope the new generation/Fialkova can bring some change to that.. 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It is indeed a little worrysome that almost 30 seasons (all seasons of these athletes combined) didn't result in even one season with a 85% average :p 

I hope the new generation/Fialkova can bring some change to that.. 

yes disastrous...but still better than mens :lol: Kazár aka mr. standings 4 loops... and Otčenáš ..no comment

strelba muzi graf 2015 16 koniec