Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

Xander    15

:UKR Pryma committed historical breakthrough from 57th to 9th place.

Only one man was better than him 12 years ago - Julien Robert (60->10).

Thanks to :SVK Slovakian coach Juraj Sanitra we can have 3 or 4 men in tomorrow's mass start. Another historical event for our team.

Edited by Xander

hckosice    891
3 minutes ago, Xander said:

:UKR Pryma committed historical breakthrough from 57th to 9th place.

Only one man was better than him 12 years ago - Julien Robert (60->10).

Thanks to :SVK Slovakian coach Juraj Sanitra we can have 4 men in tomorrow's mass start.

former coach of Anastasiya Kuzmina she won both olympic golds coached by him :)

konig    207

In Biathlon, are there two competitions for the same tournament?, i see two diferents results in the last tournament in Italy.

hckosice    891
1 minute ago, konig said:

In Biathlon, are there two competitions for the same tournament?, i see two diferents results in the last tournament in Italy.

yes this weekend in IBU Cup there 2 sprints and 1 pursuit races scheduled, all 3 races counts for the IBU Cup

Gianlu33    412
2 minutes ago, konig said:

Yes, in the Val Martello (Ibu Cup) we had two sprint event.

Edited by Gianlu33

konig    207

thanks guys, is this common? (the two races), i dont know too much about this sport.

hckosice    891
27 minutes ago, konig said:

thanks guys, is this common? (the two races), i dont know too much about this sport.

Not so much, but it happen sometimes in IBU cup. The thing is that each Biathlon weekend must have 3 mens and 3 womens races, the redistribution of the different events take place prior to the start of the season, in IBU cup there more sprints than other events so sometimes it happen that 1-2 stages have 2 sprints.

heywoodu    1,292
3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Not so much, but it happen sometimes in IBU cup. The thing is that each Biathlon weekend must have 3 mens and 3 womens races, the redistribution of the different events take place prior to the start of the season, in IBU cup there more sprints than other events so sometimes it happen that 1-2 stages have 2 sprints.

I heard the suggestion that maybe they have two sprints in Martell because the course is too hard for an individual :p

hckosice    891
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I heard the suggestion that maybe they have two sprints in Martell because the course is too hard for an individual :p

wouldn´t be surprising, as the highly placed venue Val Martell is definitely one of the hardest biathlon venue. :)