website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Sweden was DSQ'ed because of this rule (5.6.e) in the men's relay:

8591185d46.png

Bruna just told me it was because of the skis (or one of their skis, not sure), so that's a rather amateuristic mistake..

The Koreans were DSQ'ed because they didn't stop after being lapped. 

The Slovenians actually got lapped, and Andreja Mali spent a few minutes discussing with the race officials, and then they let her ski to the finish line. Her team had champagne waiting for her, it was her last race ever :)

On 12/9/2016 at 23:38, heywoodu said:

Sort of :p

606a67debd.png

There's one thing I don't get, so are the points only valid for the 3 latest trimesters, or for the 3 latest trimesters that the athlete competed in? Because they only get removed after 5 trimesters not competing, instead of 3. So could someone who scored under 125 four trimesters ago still be considered eligible for the WC, assuming he did not compete in the three trimesters after that?

10 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

There's one thing I don't get, so are the points only valid for the 3 latest trimesters, or for the 3 latest trimesters that the athlete competed in? Because they only get removed after 5 trimesters not competing, instead of 3. So could someone who scored under 125 four trimesters ago still be considered eligible for the WC, assuming he did not compete in the three trimesters after that?

No, the rules for that say "during the current or preceding semester".

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No, the rules for that say "during the current or preceding semester".

Oh? But 4 trimesters ago would still be the previous semester, no?

It's weird, so if they remove them after 5 trimesters of not competing, but only points 3 trimesters ago count, what would be their IBU points score between 3 and 5?

5 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Oh? But 4 trimesters ago would still be the previous semester, no?

It's weird, so if they remove them after 5 trimesters of not competing, but only points 3 trimesters ago count, what would be their IBU points score between 3 and 5?

No, scrap that, I meant "trimester" instead of "semester" :p 

I honestly have no idea, but I guess it's something like the same as it is after 3 trimesters. If they would at least publish this list, we could see how they solve this.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I honestly have no idea, but I guess it's something like the same as it is after 3 trimesters. If they would at least publish this list, we could see how they solve this.. 

IBU.... screwing with people since 1993

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Maybe I'll write to them and ask. But they won't respond. Just to screw with people. Because that's what they do. Because they're the IBU.

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

Maybe I'll write to them and ask. But they won't respond. Just to screw with people. Because that's what they do. Because they're the IBU.

Though to be fair, it's not a bad federation overall in terms of what they do for nations, their communication skills have room for improvement though :d 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Though to be fair, it's not a bad federation overall in terms of what they do for nations, their communication skills have room for improvement though :d 

:d Yeah. I'm half-joking, they seem like a very efficient federation who gets things done. (*most things*)

as expected Gereková will replace Poliaková in Nove Město.

Team Slovakia for World Cup 3rd Stage in Nove Město Na Moravě

Men

Tomáš Hasilla

Martin Otčenáš

Matej Kazár

Michal Šíma

Women

Anastasiya Kuzmina

Paulína Fialková

Jana Gereková

Ivona Fialková