Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckosice    838
9 hours ago, rybak said:

Why your team might not compete in Oberhof?

I don´t know the real reasons, I just know that It was already declared before the seasons start, the same most likely will be for PyeongChang and Tyumen stages.

Heard about many factors..from lack of funds in the seasons budget, or many athletes just decided to remove Oberhof from their individual program. anyway, we´ll see, Last week I heard that maybe Gereková will go to Oberhof, maybe someone more, but hardly we will have 3 athletes there. the same for mens.

heywoodu    1,174
1 minute ago, hckosice said:

I don´t know the real reasons, I just know that It was already declared before the seasons start, the same most likely will be for PyeongChang and Tyumen stages.

Heard about many factors..from lack of funds in the seasons budget, or many athletes just decided to remove Oberhof from their individual program. anyway, we´ll see, Last week I heard that maybe Gereková will go to Oberhof, maybe someone more, but hardly we will have 3 athletes there. the same for mens.

On the bright side, it's not even sure yet the Tyumen stage will actually happen, so for Slovakia's sake, let's hope it will be moved to a closer location or scrapped altogether :p 

heywoodu    1,174

Biathlon Brazil Fanclub Update: As head of the fanclub, I am now 99% certain I will spend the week in Martell (4-9 January) in the same hotel as the Brazilian team :d That makes life easier :p 

Now I only need to get confirmation of where they will be staying in/around Arber :)

Edited by heywoodu

ahjfcshfghb    74
15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Biathlon Brazil Fanclub Update: As head of the fanclub, I am now 99% certain I will spend the week in Martell (4-9 January) in the same hotel as the Brazilian team :d That makes life easier :p 

Now I only need to get confirmation of where they will be staying in/around Arber :)

Awesome! You should make a video interview or something. Or 'a day in the life of Brazilian biathletes'. 

heywoodu    1,174
7 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Awesome! You should make a video interview or something. Or 'a day in the life of Brazilian biathletes'. 

I will try :d 

c22d2ab73d.png

There should be plenty of time on 6 January. If I'm not mistaken, the Four Hill Tournament in ski jumping ends on that day too, so I hope it'll be on TV and I can introduce them to the wonderful sport of ski jumping :p 

ahjfcshfghb    74
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I will try :d 

c22d2ab73d.png

There should be plenty of time on 6 January. If I'm not mistaken, the Four Hill Tournament in ski jumping ends on that day too, so I hope it'll be on TV and I can introduce them to the wonderful sport of ski jumping :p 

Maybe in 10 years they will have their first ski jumper :p 

Imagine that.

ahjfcshfghb    74

On another note what is it with the Chinese Taipei athletes who always come in every year and post extremely slow times?? :dunno:

One of them was 7 minutes behind.. before shooting 1.

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

heywoodu    1,174
2 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

On another note what is it with the Chinese Taipei athletes who always come in every year and post extremely slow times?? :dunno:

One of them was 7 minutes behind.. before shooting 1.

Did they leave their skis in Taiwan or something? I mean, look at the total skiing time..

4e8e73a356.png

A few years ago in Beitostoelen, Fu missed only 4 shots, yet finished a little over half an hour (!) behind the winner..in a sprint.. 

Edited by heywoodu

ahjfcshfghb    74
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Did they leave their skis in Taiwan or something? I mean, look at the total skiing time..

4e8e73a356.png

A few years ago in Beitostoelen, Fu missed only 4 shots, yet finished a little over half an hour (!) behind the winner..in a sprint.. 

The only explanation I can possibly think of is that the Chinese Taipei biathlon federation is simultaneously the Modern Pentathlon one as well, so maybe they are modern pentathletes who take the opportunity to get into shape during the winter?

heywoodu    1,174
Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

The only explanation I can possibly think of is that the Chinese Taipei biathlon federation is simultaneously the Modern Pentathlon one as well, so maybe they are modern pentathletes who take the opportunity to get into shape during the winter?

Never thought about that :d 

I checked the UIPM database, at least they're not internationally registered modern pentathletes :p 

ahjfcshfghb    74
Just now, heywoodu said:

Never thought about that :d 

I checked the UIPM database, at least they're not internationally registered modern pentathletes :p 

Never mind then. :p 

Biathlon in some countries is such a mystery...

heywoodu    1,174
1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Never mind then. :p 

Biathlon in some countries is such a mystery...

Yeah...if you're a young biathlete just starting out, alright. But they've been around for some years already and still lose 15-20+ minutes purely in skiing speed...in a 20-25 minute sprint...