Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,395 posts in this topic

Slovak mens relay 14th in last relay in Pokljuka started today with BIB 14 and finished 14th...they didn´t impressed but also didn´t disappointed...well, maybe 14 is actually the real place of our mens biathlon relay. In fact all guys surprisingly showed satisfying shooting but still their skiing form are very very weak...

 

the bad thing is that we dropped one place in the Nations Cup and are 15th now, in the direct battle with our main rivals we defeated Slovenia and Belarus but unfortunately lost to USA and Kazakhstan.

 

Spoiler

Image may contain: 4 people

 

 

Starting order of our womens relay for tomorrow race:

  1. Jana Gereková
  2. Anastasiya Kuzmina
  3. Terézia Poliaková
  4. Paulína Fialková

all fingers crossed, we strongly need a good result, our situation in the Nation Cup standing is very very bad

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12th place. what a pitty, we were so close to top 10, in fact during almost the whole race we were in, but one unlucky moment with the rifle of Paulína Fialková during our last prone where she lost 25 seconds between her 5th and 6th shoot, cost us probably the dreamed top 10.

In other hand it´s really quite a while we didn´t see such decent race from our team. thank this we moved again back one place in the 17th rank of the Nations Cup infront of the Japanese, but still it´s far from the calm and tranquille places we want to find ourselves during the olympic qualification.

 

also special mention to Nastya Kuzmina, once again she was just perfect. :bowdown:

 

Spoiler

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

but still it´s far from the calm and tranquille places we want to find ourselves during the olympic qualification.


Yes, the chances that Slovakia will have a relay are only 99,97% :p

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dcro said:


Yes, the chances that Slovakia will have a relay are only 99,97% :p

 

nah, you never know, everything can happen...and I´ll not be calm untill this qualification will be over and hopefully succesfull for us ...and it´s still better to be in top 17 because of the number of entries for next years world cup race, first 17 countries can start each race with 4 biathletes..so also this battle is interesting and intriguing for us and me :d

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great result for ours women's :hyper: We were better than Estonia, Lithuania, Korea, China and Finland :champion: Thanks Mitoraj for 3 penalty loops :clap:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51-year old Uiloq Slettemark :GRL is on the start list for the women's individual at the IBU Cup in Arber tomorrow, cool :d 

 

Probably the last race I'll witness live on this trip, I'm hoping for some very good points and good shooting for Bruna and Gabi...they still have the ongoing fight of being Brazil's first ever biathlete to hit 20/20 (Gabi has the record with 19/20 in a Sweden Cup a few years ago, missing the last shot) :p 

 

Bibs 42 and 84 tomorrow, let's go girls :cheer: (and let's go Caio with bib 51 in the men's race, but I won't be there to cheer him on) 

Edited by heywoodu
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Bibs 42 and 84 tomorrow, let's go girls :cheer: (and let's go Caio with bib 51 in the men's race, but I won't be there to cheer him on) 

 

:cheer:

 

Give them greetings from their totallympics fanclub :thumbup:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

:cheer:

 

Give them greetings from their totallympics fanclub :thumbup:

I will as soon as they come back to my room after dinner :d 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I will as soon as they come back to my room after dinner :d 

 

btw whats new about eventual Brazilian participation at juniors WCh in Slovakia ? Do you have any news ? :d just read today that almost everything is already prepared, just few small touches yet to finish for example magically find 720 beds for the already registred participants :lol:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hckosice said:

 

btw whats new about eventual Brazilian participation at juniors WCh in Slovakia ? Do you have any news ? :d just read today that almost everyzhing is already ready, just few small touches yet to finish for example magically find 720 beds for the already registred participants :lol:

 

 

 

I am 100% certain Gabi will be there and 99,99% Caio will be there as well. It's their last year as juniors and the federation wants to give them as many chances to compete as possible, so after these two IBU Cups they're going back in the IBU Junior Cup (Pokljuka) and then on to the JYWCH :cheer:

 

In between they'll very likely be in the Junior Open European Championships in Nove Mesto as well. 

Edited by heywoodu
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

I am 100% certain Gabi will be there and 99,99% Caio will be there as well. It's their last year as juniors and the federation wants to give them as many chances to compete as possible, so after these two IBU Cups they're going back in the IBU Junior Cup (Pokljuka) and then on to the JYWCH :cheer:

 

In between they'll very likely be in the Junior Open European Championships in Nove Mesto as well. 

 

Great, hope they will have good and succesfull memories from the championships then :cheer:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hckosice said:

 

Great, hope they will have good and succesfull memories from the championships then :cheer:

I know Gabi has her mind very strongly set on one thing this season: reaching the pursuit at the JYWCH :p 

If that works out, it'll be a success! 

 

You should go out and support them :p 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I know Gabi has her mind very strongly set on one thing this season: reaching the pursuit at the JYWCH :p 

If that works out, it'll be a success! 

 

You should go out and support them :p 

 

Great, hope she will reach it :yes

 

perhaps we are a small country, but dude, the distance are still relatively considerable and Osrblie isn´t so close of us. :d I was there only once with my parents many years ago.   And our TV will broadcast all events live, so I´ll support them pasively from my PC at work and TV during the weekend :d

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

 

Great, hope she will reach it :yes

 

perhaps we are a small country, but dude, the distance are still relatively considerable and Osrblie isn´t so close of us. :d I was there only once with my parents many years ago.   And our TV will broadcast all events live, so I´ll support them pasively from my PC at work and TV during the weekend :d

That's cool too :d 

 

Any chance you are able to record something or catch a video with your phone if the Brazilians are shown? :p 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now