Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,523 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, konig said:

In Biathlon, are there two competitions for the same tournament?, i see two diferents results in the last tournament in Italy.

Yes, in the Val Martello (Ibu Cup) we had two sprint event.

Edited by Gianlu33

thanks guys, is this common? (the two races), i dont know too much about this sport.

27 minutes ago, konig said:

thanks guys, is this common? (the two races), i dont know too much about this sport.

Not so much, but it happen sometimes in IBU cup. The thing is that each Biathlon weekend must have 3 mens and 3 womens races, the redistribution of the different events take place prior to the start of the season, in IBU cup there more sprints than other events so sometimes it happen that 1-2 stages have 2 sprints.

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Not so much, but it happen sometimes in IBU cup. The thing is that each Biathlon weekend must have 3 mens and 3 womens races, the redistribution of the different events take place prior to the start of the season, in IBU cup there more sprints than other events so sometimes it happen that 1-2 stages have 2 sprints.

I heard the suggestion that maybe they have two sprints in Martell because the course is too hard for an individual :p

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I heard the suggestion that maybe they have two sprints in Martell because the course is too hard for an individual :p

wouldn´t be surprising, as the highly placed venue Val Martell is definitely one of the hardest biathlon venue. :)

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

wouldn´t be surprising, as the highly placed venue Val Martell is definitely one of the hardest biathlon venue. :)

The climbs are killing indeed, it'd be hard on sea level, let alone at 1700m...

It would have made for an epic battlefield though with these extreme wind conditions :d (today I saw athletes almost getting blown up the final climb...where they then had to turn and go downhill against that storm, with their hands in front of their faces :p )

Bjoerndalen :cry:

What final :hyper:

Il y a 1 heure , Gianlu33 a déclaré:

What final :hyper:

Yes!! Lesser was impressive, he was quite far behind and managed to finish 2nd :bowdown:

Valj Semerenko will come back in Ruhpolding :d

Not having high hopes though.

Cool to see a Brazilian flag at the track all the time :d (at the end of the lap) 

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool to see a Brazilian flag at the track all the time :d (at the end of the lap) 

I also saw a South African flag. :d

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I also saw a South African flag. :d

Cool! That makes Brazil look like a true biathlon nation in comparison :d 

Great relay for us, 8th place with a loop no less. :clap: And we had chance for 7 till the last metres. Norway finally won something, unbeliavable isn't it. The relay here is their last bastion, they've won in 7 of the last 11 years.