Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,073 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

He didn't start in the Pursuit for some reason. Shame, wasted opportunity.

On his Facebook site he said he will be racing a FIS cross-country race today. Probably didn't expect to make pursuit. :d

Edited by dcro

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

On his Facebook site he said he will be racing a FIS cross-country race today. Probably didn't expect to make pursuit. :d

Oh. Hahaha.

I'd have gone for it. But now he knows he's capable of making pursuits!

Gerade eben schrieb dcro:

Of course would have been nice to see him in the race, but the pursuit does not bring him anything iro olympic games, as no ibu points are awarded. I think he tries to qualify for cross country as well (with good chance) in case biathlon does not work.

Just now, prso1000 said:

Of course would have been nice to see him in the race, but the pursuit does not bring him anything iro olympic games, as no ibu points are awarded. I think he tries to qualify for cross country as well (with good chance) in case biathlon does not work.

Ahhh okay I see

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

If i understand the system well, then for 2018 OG qualification via ibu points the results which will count will be the one of the last trimester this season and the first two next season as they take the average of the best 3 results of the last 3 trimesters?

That actually means the great result of Crnkovic in Oberhof will not count :cry:

I don't really care about Olympic qualification at the moment. Most of all, it's refreshing to have competitive biathlete.

And the fact that he scored points despite two misses definitely says that he can repeat it. Moreover, he would already have points from Pokljuka with cleaner shooting. In any case, it's much better than having a slow athlete that always shoots clean (and that is very often the case with smaller nations).

Just now, dcro said:

I don't really care about Olympic qualification at the moment. Most of all, it's refreshing to have competitive biathlete.

And the fact that he scored points despite two misses definitely says that he can repeat it. Moreover, he would already have points from Pokljuka with cleaner shooting. In any case, it's much better than having a slow athlete that always shoots clean (and that is very often the case with smaller nations).

Yeah, let's hope he doesn't leave to Slovenia :fingers:

I agree he has lots of potential, he's quite fast. 

Fourcade what a legend...you might don´t like him but he is really a living legend :bowdown:

poor our young Kubaliak...lapped by Fourcade right before last shooting in his first careers top category pursuit :(

17 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah, let's hope he doesn't leave to Slovenia :fingers:

I agree he has lots of potential, he's quite fast. 

He has Croatian coaches I believe so that shouldn't happen.

Another podium for Windish! What week for him!

2 points for Kazár. at least something this weekend for our mens

Posted (edited)

:UKR Pryma committed historical breakthrough from 57th to 9th place.

Only one man was better than him 12 years ago - Julien Robert (60->10).

Thanks to :SVK Slovakian coach Juraj Sanitra we can have 3 or 4 men in tomorrow's mass start. Another historical event for our team.

Edited by Xander

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

:UKR Pryma committed historical breakthrough from 57th to 9th place.

Only one man was better than him 12 years ago - Julien Robert (60->10).

Thanks to :SVK Slovakian coach Juraj Sanitra we can have 4 men in tomorrow's mass start.

former coach of Anastasiya Kuzmina she won both olympic golds coached by him :)

In Biathlon, are there two competitions for the same tournament?, i see two diferents results in the last tournament in Italy.

1 minute ago, konig said:

In Biathlon, are there two competitions for the same tournament?, i see two diferents results in the last tournament in Italy.

yes this weekend in IBU Cup there 2 sprints and 1 pursuit races scheduled, all 3 races counts for the IBU Cup