website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

3 minutes ago, rybak said:

I know that he will be coach of our team already since two weeks, I don't know why IBU wrote about this just now :lol: I hope that he will do something and our girls will be good again or at least better than in finished season :)

Well he definitely deserved a move to a big team instead of an IBU Cup team, he has been doing a really great job.

It's just sad to see someone who is both a really nice guy and a really good coach leave all of a sudden, now we'll just have to wait and see who the Brazilians will be coached by. My guess is his assistent will take over, Mattias something (Nilsson?), but we'll see I guess. 

At least the Brazilians aren't focused on biathlon for the Olympic qualification.. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Jana Gereková officially announced her retirement due health problems :(

source in SVK http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/275820/jana-gerekova-ukoncila-karieru-nebude-startovat-ani-na-zoh-2018/

de facto that means even if we have 5 quotas we will very likely send only 4 girls to PyeongChang (Kuzmina, both Fialková Sisters and Poliaková) don´t see anyone else able to reach the required criterias

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Jana Gereková officially announced her retirement due health problems :(

source in SVK http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/275820/jana-gerekova-ukoncila-karieru-nebude-startovat-ani-na-zoh-2018/

de facto that means even if we have 5 quotas we will very likely send only 4 girls to PyeongChang (Kuzmina, both Fialková Sisters and Poliaková) don´t see anyone else able to reach the required criterias

That's disappointing..by the way, so is Jitka Landova's retirement at only 26 years old, also because of chronical health problems. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, no more Swedish B and Junior teams.

Swedish Coach Wolfgang Pichler explains the revolutionary "Future Team" concept that Sweden will adopt for talented 17-22 year-olds. Sweden will forgo their B and Junior teams and focus on this new group that will get a feeling for hard training at an early age and hopefully develop quicker.. Pichler emphasized the most important thing for this new team is that they have "talent and motivation."

Edited by heywoodu

Interesting cycling outfit for the Polish women on Mallorca... :mumble:(their first training camp with Tobias Torgersen as coach).

18319083_1338588086188557_41993039839687

• 2 weeks later...

Provisional World Cup calendar:

1eb189ed25.png

And the provisional IBU Cup calendar:

aadbd44054.png

I can already see another nice biathlon trip in my crystal globe :evil:

Option 1: A double with the new biathlon complex of Lenzerheide and the beautiful town and scenery of Obertilliach (or only Obertilliach if travelling between the two is a bit hard).

Option 2: A longer, triple trip starting in Arber and going on to the Süd-Tiroler double of Ridnaun and Martell :cheer:

I guess it all depends a little on the plans of a certain Brazilian biathlete :p 

4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Russia on the calendar, i wonder how long before certain people start blabbing again. 

Exactly, it's quite weird from IBU that they give Russia a World Cup and two IBU Cups and they even didn't take away the Summer World Championships yet.. 

And Khanty as IBU Cup is just sad, that should be a World Cup venue :(

• 2 weeks later...

Valj Semerenko revealed the true reason why she flopped one season & basically skipped another one & it explained those pictures in the woods from the hospital  while everyone was on trainings, thought it was an ordinary recovery. The head of federation was saying that she's got tired and she needs to find motivation.

The real reason is that she had cancer :cry: She said that yesterday while departing to the trainings in Estonia. She doesn't want to talk about it though.

Edited by Xander

41 minutes ago, Xander said:

Valj Semerenko revealed the true reason why she flopped one season & basically skipped another one & it explained those pictures in the woods from the hospital  while everyone was on trainings, thought it was an ordinary recovery. The head of federation was saying that she's got tired and she needs to find motivation.

The real reason is that she had cancer :cry: She said that yesterday while departing to the trainings in Estonia. She doesn't want to talk about it though.

:yikes:

Well, 'she had cancer' sounds relatively good, as in, the word 'had' sounds like a good thing? Meaning that she's all back, the cancer is gone and she's ready to fight again?