website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

4 hours ago, dcro said:

Kocergina did the magic :woot::d

Very very close to the points, would have been a very good day if we managed to score the first points on the women's side, but I guess it's not meant to be this season. We have a lot of things to fix. The most important thing is consistency, we also need to work on the shooting, the ski-speed is also sad for some athletes. The men could have won the 5 quotas for the Olympics, but they just didn't show up this year and brushed it off on sickness, with the women, there is even a deeper problem. Hopefully the main team will stick around for at least 3 more years to give the youth time to grow up to the wc level, because if they retire after the Olympic season, our biathlon is dead and we'll go back to starting 1-2 athletes every world cup :(

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Very very close to the points, would have been a very good day if we managed to score the first points on the women's side, but I guess it's not meant to be this season. We have a lot of things to fix. The most important thing is consistency, we also need to work on the shooting, the ski-speed is also sad for some athletes. The men could have won the 5 quotas for the Olympics, but they just didn't show up this year and brushed it off on sickness, with the women, there is even a deeper problem. Hopefully the main team will stick around for at least 3 more years to give the youth time to grow up to the wc level, because if they retire after the Olympic season, our biathlon is dead and we'll go back to starting 1-2 athletes every world cup :(

Isn't there a pursuit for Kocergina tomorrow? Never say never. :teacher:

And she will be joined by Baiba Bendika in starting order, who seemingly became a big time pursuit expert this season. :d

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Isn't there a pursuit for Kocergina tomorrow? Never say never. :teacher:

And she will be joined by Baiba Bendika in starting order, who seemingly became a big time pursuit expert this season. :d

If you would look at our result history, we never climb in pursuits. Yes, Kočergina managed to climb 1 spot last time with 1+1+0+0, but that was the shooting of her life time, which she will not achieve tomorrow. We are terrible at head to head races and with 4 shooting stages it's even worse :p

What a weekend for Laukkanen...

Friday afternoon: win your first ever World Cup race after 200+ attempts

Friday night: the Finnish national team shooting coach died aged 60 after being hospitalized last week

Saturday afternoon: win your second ever World Cup race with arguably your most impressive shooting result ever

What better way to honour your coach so short after his death.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This nearly made me cry..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, I truly hope that Mari Laukkanen is going to be inspired to carry over her results to the next season. I always supported her along with Kaisa Makarainen and it's amazing to see what Mari achieved today, especially after the shocking news.