website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

The shooting was not miserable, only Poliakova missed three, whilst others missed 2 and 1. It was probably the best race for Slovakian women in a long while, but you're still not satisfied. I think your standards are too high for the women's/men's team to keep up with your demand for results.

oh no, I´m really satisfied, maybe it sounded too harsh, but no, it wasn´t my intentions :d this is a super day, I´m very happy about their performances, the girls deserved it, especially I´m mega happy with first ever points for Ivona, we knew she can do it for years, but always something happened and she finished far behind, her best WC results before todays race was 43rd place in Oslo WCh.. so finally!!! :d

the comment about shooting was maybe a bit exaggerated I admit, they have repeatedly demonstrated even much worse shooting in the past :p

Last stages of the world cup and the ranking for Pyeongchang is amost done. Korea-Slovenia will be amazing in the next days :d 

Ranking change after today:

:CAN Canada 14 (+1)

:FIN Finland 15 (-1)

:KOR South Korea 20  (+1) BATTLE FOR HAVE 5 ATLETES

:SLO Slovenia 21 (-1) BATTLE FOR HAVE 5 ATLETES

Edited by Gianlu33

Does anyone have an idea which trimesters will be taken for the calculation of the iBU points list crucial for OG qualification.

I assume the last one this season and first one next season are fixed and?

Normally it should be the second trimester of next season, but it will not be finished yet when the deadline is set

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

Does anyone have an idea which trimesters will be taken for the calculation of the iBU points list crucial for OG qualification.

I assume the last one this season and first one next season are fixed and?

Normally it should be the second trimester of next season, but it will not be finished yet when the deadline is set

Impossible to find anything official about it anywhere, I just know that the final list will be counted from the IBU points list published 1 day after the last event of the last trimester before the WOG, which is the 2nd trimester 2017/18, so I assume the 1st and 2nd next seasons trimesters will be considered...but ofc as I said it´s not 100% official, it´s just my oppinion..maybe someone else will know something more

47 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Impossible to find anything official about it anywhere, I just know that the final list will be counted from the IBU points list published 1 day after the last event of the last trimester before the WOG, which is the 2nd trimester 2017/18, so I assume the 1st and 2nd next seasons trimesters will be considered...but ofc as I said it´s not 100% official, it´s just my oppinion..maybe someone else will know something more

This is what I believe as well, although since it's pretty much certain Bruna won't try to get the Olympic quota in biathlon I haven't followed these exact rules so closely anymore :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So,

It was really a very long period since Slovaia had 3 athletes on points in the womens biathlon. Today was a Very nice day for us. Especially great efforts by both Fialková sisters. Paulína once again showed that she can in a perfect day fight against the best in the world. today she had 10th best skiing times !!! which helped her despite 2 penalty loops to finish in top 15.

But the moment of the day was her sister Ivona, incredible long waiting for her very first points in world cup came finally to the end today, with only 1 miss in the standing shooting and very good skiing (17th fastest of the day) in general fantastic skiing of our girls today :clap:. she ended together with her more famous sister in the top 20.

Also Jana Gereková finishing her season here in PyeongChang this weekend, tried to finally earn her best seasons result, and she was very close, todays 27th place is her second best result this season. same as for her team mates, pitty for this 1 penalty, otherwise it would be 3rd top 20 today.

Terézia Poliaková was again slow, as all current season, unfortunately she had also a very bad shooting resulting in 80th place, far from the points.

In overall, today was a crazy day for our womens biathlon, even without Nastya we achieved by far our best race in a couple of last seasons since Kuzmina wins in World cup finals in Oslo 3 years ago.

We collected absolutely crazy 365 points for the Nations cup today !!!!!! :lol:

what apitty our 17th place looks fixed, we are 137 points behind 16th USA, but at least our 5 olympic quotas looks now pretty well assured, since we have currently a very confortable 1111 points advantage over 21st place of Slovenia. in the 4 starters next seasons world cup battle we gained today also a very nice amount, now we are 547 points ahead of 18th Japan.

So once again very well done babes ! congrats ! great race !:cheer:

Spoiler

wHLGgPd0vqjOwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

vor 1 Stunde schrieb heywoodu:

This is what I believe as well, although since it's pretty much certain Bruna won't try to get the Olympic quota in biathlon I haven't followed these exact rules so closely anymore :p 

ok probably you are right

that means only results from February 2017 onwards will count for the individual 6 places

A pity for Croatia as Crnkovic had his two best results in January, which would have meant almost 80% qualification.

Taking the status after 2nd trimester this season he would in 4th place of the individuals placed behind Roesch (BEL), Guzik (POL) and Kobonoki (JPN)

Now he has to repeat those results

Edited by prso1000

5 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Taking the status after 2nd trimester this season he would in 4th place of the individuals placed behind Roesch (BEL), Guzik (POL) and Kobonoki (JPN)

Where did you get this from? I'm curious, since IBU never publishes their own very important list (which is f*cking stupid) and the Excel I had to calculate the sheet doesn't work anymore :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!