website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

It's weird that in the mixed relay they don't get pulled out for being lapped..(at least not last year in Ridnaun)

Yeah, it is weird. I think Croatia can be competitive, and Britain won't be terrible. But Bosnia is basically sending their 'C' team. I wonder how far they will be allowed to go.

Still good on them for even participating :)

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah, it is weird. I think Croatia can be competitive, and Britain won't be terrible. But Bosnia is basically sending their 'C' team. I wonder how far they will be allowed to go.

Still good on them for even participating :)

Talking about Bosnia, I'd say their A-team for women is Karisik/Kusmuk/Kosarac, but where's Kusmuk? Last season she was consistently faster than Kosarac, but I haven't noticed her all season yet. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Talking about Bosnia, I'd say their A-team for women is Karisik/Kusmuk/Kosarac, but where's Kusmuk? Last season she was consistently faster than Kosarac, but I haven't noticed her all season yet. 

Yeah, I don't know. They don't really update their website. She never did shoot very well, though. 

I was thinking that their A team was Karisik, their B team was Kosarac/Kusmuk and their C team was everyone else

Lasica who they have in the mixed relay hasn't competed since 2013. Mumovic was 12 minutes behind in the sprint. So... yeah.

Apparently Kozica and Blazenic are the Croatian cadet 'A' team so basically the 'A' team since there are no women, with Starcevic part of the 'B' team, as is Ceskovic. Kozica did pretty well for herself there :yes

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

It appears she's been doing cross-country races recently. https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=CC&competitorid=178984&type=result

Karisik and Kosarac have also been at these races. 

16 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

It appears she's been doing cross-country races recently. https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=CC&competitorid=178984&type=result

Karisik and Kosarac have also been at these races. 

Well basically all biathletes (especially in the smaller nations) do that, because it's the easier way to go to the Olympics :p 

Or you mean that at least she's still active? That'd be good news then, I always compare Kusmuk and Kosarac with the Brazilians :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well basically all biathletes (especially in the smaller nations) do that, because it's the easier way to go to the Olympics :p 

Or you mean that at least she's still active? That'd be good news then, I always compare Kusmuk and Kosarac with the Brazilians :d 

Yeah, possibly she will be next Trimester, I think Kosarac got under 250 so they could both be there against the Brazilians?

Has the biathlon qualification system changed this year? I think the IBU are doing the wildcard thing again :p

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah, possibly she will be next Trimester, I think Kosarac got under 250 so they could both be there against the Brazilians?

Has the biathlon qualification system changed this year? I think the IBU are doing the wildcard thing again :p

You mean for the World Cup and/or World Championships? I'm not entirely sure :p 

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

3rd place! :CZE:champion:

Not anymore, France got a 25 second time adjustment and will finish 3rd :(

Edit: Wait, France and Czech Republic are now tied for 3rd, so still a Czech podium :d 

Edited by heywoodu