website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Just now, heywoodu said:

Let's just keep it with "not a whole lot" :p 

They are going to build an actual biathlon centre in Georgia though, that might help.

Actually? I'm quite surprised to be honest. But in a good way.

Good to see the Greeks doing well. All three have gotten under 250, Kyriazis missed only 2x, Karamithas 3x. 

They did qualify two spots for the WCH by virtue of nations cup, interesting to see if two of them can get under 180. I'd say it's unlikely but possible, Angelis did it last year.

Well, to make things worse:

2e11f3b01b.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Actually? I'm quite surprised to be honest. But in a good way.

Good to see the Greeks doing well. All three have gotten under 250, Kyriazis missed only 2x, Karamithas 3x. 

They did qualify two spots for the WCH by virtue of nations cup, interesting to see if two of them can get under 180. I'd say it's unlikely but possible, Angelis did it last year.

And in the women's competition they have Maria Tsakiri. She was incredibly impressive at this year's summer world champs...I know that doesn't always mean a whole lot, but if she can translate that to the snow, that's going to be really interesting since she's also still young. We might be getting close to a World Cup-regular from Greece then :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Oh, no!

Whyever?

I hope it's not something along the lines of forgetting something basic, like last year and the relay reloading...

I honestly have no idea, but I've got a feeling I might talk to Angela, who probably knows what happened, after her competition :p 

Edited by heywoodu

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And in the women's competition they have Maria Tsakiri. She was incredibly impressive at this year's summer world champs...I know that doesn't always mean a whole lot, but if she can translate that to the snow, that's going to be really interesting since she's also still young. We might be getting close to a World Cup-regular from Greece then :)

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I honestly have no idea, but I've got a feeling I might talk to Angela, who probably knows what happened, after her competition :p 

Wow, Tsakiri did have some good results. Imagine how good they could have been if her shooting had been on point :O

She's definitely one to watch in the womens' race.

Are you at the venue or just in contact?

The "250-line" is likely to end up between Oztunc and Jukna. 

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Wow, Tsakiri did have some good results. Imagine how good they could have been if her shooting had been on point :O

She's definitely one to watch in the womens' race.

Are you at the venue or just in contact?

Just in contact, so I'll have to wait for her to be online :p 

Laura Dahlmeier will make her mixed relay debut Sunday :d 

https://www.biathlon-news.de/mixed-staffel-debuet-fuer-laura-dahlmeier-beim-weltcup-auftakt-in-oestersund/

That's it, everyone who's not Germany might as well just DNS and rest for the other competitions :p