website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Just now, dcro said:

How do they feel about having a Totallympics fan club? :d

They don't necessarily know it's 'Totallympics' (yet), but they do know about their fans on an international sports forum and they like it a lot :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The men's race in Arber for today has been postponed to tomorrow because of strong winds in the area here. The women's race is so far postponed with half an hour and still on for today, but fingers crossed for that being moved to tomorrow as well.. 

C2CjthyXUAAkLYu.jpg:large

The single mixed and mixed relays are already cancelled and might be rescheduled later in the season. Sadly that means Brazil won't have a relay this season. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So, no races in the end today. The weather was awful, like a blizzard. After the women's zeroing they decided to cancel the women's race as well and there's no doubt it was the right decision..I took a few photos before the cold temporarily killed my phone and it's not that perfect to see, but at least it gives a general idea on how it looked in the good moments.. 

A38tYwp.jpg

Ok. Searching words to describe our todays results...disastrous, nightmare, awful, pitiable, deplorable...don´t know..this was just historic..not that any one of our 4 biathletes didn´t won points and dind´t even qualified for the pursuit...last time it happened some 5 years back.

Ofc this remarkable achievement has also result in the Nations Cup, we are still 15th but Slovenia and Kazakhstan are just behind us only few points back....this olympic qualification is just incredibly stressful..

btw one intersting thing, Matej Kazár had today the fastest shooting time of all...pitty this is the only memorable thing

Spoiler

Image may contain: 4 people

So, mixed feelings today.

Gabi had an amazing race...1, 0, 0 and then unfortunately 3 misses in the last shooting bout, but I stand by the words I literally told her when she finished and caught her breath: "That was a crazy good race!" Too bad Starykh and Virolaynen just absolutely obliterated the field, otherwise Gabi could have gotten by far the best result of her career in terms of IBU points.

As for Bruna, it was unfortunately a day to forget. Her boot got loose in the first lap (of a 15km..) so she lost a ton of power, one specific curve in the downhill became nearly impossible and she fell in three separate laps in the same curve, resulting in snow in her rifle and losing over a minute at the last shooting bout trying to get the snow out...a day to forget. She was understandably sad about it, but like I told her, even the best athletes in the world sometimes have a day that just sucks. A lot. 

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So, mixed feelings today.

Gabi had an amazing race...1, 0, 0 and then unfortunately 3 misses in the last shooting bout, but I stand by the words I literally told her when she finished and caught her breath: "That was a crazy good race!" Too bad Starykh and Virolaynen just absolutely obliterated the field, otherwise Gabi could have gotten by far the best result of her career in terms of IBU points.

As for Bruna, it was unfortunately a day to forget. Her boot got loose in the first lap (of a 15km..) so she lost a ton of power, one specific curve in the downhill became nearly impossible and she fell in three separate laps in the same curve, resulting in snow in her rifle and losing over a minute at the last shooting bout trying to get the snow out...a day to forget. She was understandably sad about it, but like I told her, even the best athletes in the world sometimes have a day that just sucks. A lot. 

tell them that for example Slovakia has every race a day that just sucks. a lot...

Another painful day, disastrous afternoon, looks like this misery has no end...Only Anastasia Kuzmina on points and qualified for the pusrsuit, all other girls are again far far away in the ranks, and Paulína Fialková like her sister still hasn´t managed to fulfil the criterias to start in the last trimester :facepalm:

Today it was once again epic, first lap and shooting excellent by Paulína but then came the fiasco, Anastasiya in her first individual race after illness still isn´t in her top shape especially about her skiing, but it will come soon or later, we all know it..Gereková very bad race again and Ivona Fialková presented a epic first shooting ...she spend exactly 52 seconds in the prone shooting !!! probably the longest shooting in the whole biathlon history and the result ? nothing ! 5 loops :wall:

At least the Japanese was even weaker today and thanks god are still behind us in the Nations Cup, so we are still 17th. more than 500 points of the 21st place. but we need to maintain at least this 17th rank to have 4 World Cup starters next year.

Spoiler

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling