website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

51-year old Uiloq Slettemark :GRL is on the start list for the women's individual at the IBU Cup in Arber tomorrow, cool :d 

Probably the last race I'll witness live on this trip, I'm hoping for some very good points and good shooting for Bruna and Gabi...they still have the ongoing fight of being Brazil's first ever biathlete to hit 20/20 (Gabi has the record with 19/20 in a Sweden Cup a few years ago, missing the last shot) :p 

Bibs 42 and 84 tomorrow, let's go girls :cheer: (and let's go Caio with bib 51 in the men's race, but I won't be there to cheer him on) 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

:cheer:

Give them greetings from their totallympics fanclub :thumbup:

I will as soon as they come back to my room after dinner :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I will as soon as they come back to my room after dinner :d 

btw whats new about eventual Brazilian participation at juniors WCh in Slovakia ? Do you have any news ? :d just read today that almost everything is already prepared, just few small touches yet to finish for example magically find 720 beds for the already registred participants :lol:

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

btw whats new about eventual Brazilian participation at juniors WCh in Slovakia ? Do you have any news ? :d just read today that almost everyzhing is already ready, just few small touches yet to finish for example magically find 720 beds for the already registred participants :lol:

I am 100% certain Gabi will be there and 99,99% Caio will be there as well. It's their last year as juniors and the federation wants to give them as many chances to compete as possible, so after these two IBU Cups they're going back in the IBU Junior Cup (Pokljuka) and then on to the JYWCH :cheer:

In between they'll very likely be in the Junior Open European Championships in Nove Mesto as well. 

Edited by heywoodu

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am 100% certain Gabi will be there and 99,99% Caio will be there as well. It's their last year as juniors and the federation wants to give them as many chances to compete as possible, so after these two IBU Cups they're going back in the IBU Junior Cup (Pokljuka) and then on to the JYWCH :cheer:

In between they'll very likely be in the Junior Open European Championships in Nove Mesto as well. 

Great, hope they will have good and succesfull memories from the championships then :cheer:

Just now, hckosice said:

Great, hope they will have good and succesfull memories from the championships then :cheer:

I know Gabi has her mind very strongly set on one thing this season: reaching the pursuit at the JYWCH :p 

If that works out, it'll be a success! 

You should go out and support them :p 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I know Gabi has her mind very strongly set on one thing this season: reaching the pursuit at the JYWCH :p 

If that works out, it'll be a success! 

You should go out and support them :p 

Great, hope she will reach it :yes

perhaps we are a small country, but dude, the distance are still relatively considerable and Osrblie isn´t so close of us. :d I was there only once with my parents many years ago.   And our TV will broadcast all events live, so I´ll support them pasively from my PC at work and TV during the weekend :d

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Great, hope she will reach it :yes

perhaps we are a small country, but dude, the distance are still relatively considerable and Osrblie isn´t so close of us. :d I was there only once with my parents many years ago.   And our TV will broadcast all events live, so I´ll support them pasively from my PC at work and TV during the weekend :d

That's cool too :d 

Any chance you are able to record something or catch a video with your phone if the Brazilians are shown? :p