website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

2 minutes ago, konig said:

In Biathlon, are there two competitions for the same tournament?, i see two diferents results in the last tournament in Italy.

Yes, in the Val Martello (Ibu Cup) we had two sprint event.

Edited by Gianlu33

27 minutes ago, konig said:

thanks guys, is this common? (the two races), i dont know too much about this sport.

Not so much, but it happen sometimes in IBU cup. The thing is that each Biathlon weekend must have 3 mens and 3 womens races, the redistribution of the different events take place prior to the start of the season, in IBU cup there more sprints than other events so sometimes it happen that 1-2 stages have 2 sprints.

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Not so much, but it happen sometimes in IBU cup. The thing is that each Biathlon weekend must have 3 mens and 3 womens races, the redistribution of the different events take place prior to the start of the season, in IBU cup there more sprints than other events so sometimes it happen that 1-2 stages have 2 sprints.

I heard the suggestion that maybe they have two sprints in Martell because the course is too hard for an individual :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I heard the suggestion that maybe they have two sprints in Martell because the course is too hard for an individual :p

wouldn´t be surprising, as the highly placed venue Val Martell is definitely one of the hardest biathlon venue. :)

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

wouldn´t be surprising, as the highly placed venue Val Martell is definitely one of the hardest biathlon venue. :)

The climbs are killing indeed, it'd be hard on sea level, let alone at 1700m...

It would have made for an epic battlefield though with these extreme wind conditions :d (today I saw athletes almost getting blown up the final climb...where they then had to turn and go downhill against that storm, with their hands in front of their faces :p )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!