website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

What a shock! Grzegorz Guzik not only qualified to pursuit but also first time in his career won World Cup points, and was in top30 :yikes::yikes::hyper::hyper: It are our first points in men's world cup since 2011 when Tomasz Sikora retired :woot:

Also today Gwizdoń was 8th and Guzik was 11th, best result for us in this season :banana:

as expected..the Japanese girls took the oportunity that we competed only with 2 girls here, and after Oberhof we are 18th !!! in the Nations Cup...what a shame ! Can´t believe it...how deep we felt, this is just embarassing, I would have never believed that we will be in so much serious troubles in qualification for PyeongChang...but well, what can we do...now we have just to pray and hope that things will be better in the second part of the season, the good thing is this was the only race counting for the qualification period this weekend in Oberhof, next stage in Ruhpolding will have 2 qualifying events in the program (relay and sprint) and we are supposed to compete with our full team

Still there some positive things to find today, Jana Gereková clearly improved her skiing times, 35th fastest time is pretty decent looking on her previous races this season. pitty for this last target with clean shooting it would be 10-11th place..at least it´s nice points for the world cup standing and good position for the pursuit.

and about Poliaková...it was very bad today, shooting and skiing altogether.. very bad.

Spoiler

Image may contain: 2 people

Am 6.1.2017 um 08:30 schrieb heywoodu:

The list itself is not overly complicated by the way, basically they take the average of the three best results of an athlete in a certain time period.

If i understand the system well, then for 2018 OG qualification via ibu points the results which will count will be the one of the last trimester this season and the first two next season as they take the average of the best 3 results of the last 3 trimesters?

That actually means the great result of Crnkovic in Oberhof will not count :cry:

Edited by prso1000

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

If i understand the system well, then for 2018 OG qualification via ibu points the results which will count will be the one of the last trimester this season and the first two next season as they take the average of the best 3 results of the last 3 trimesters?

That actually means the great result of Crnkovic in Oberhof will not count :cry:

He didn't start in the Pursuit for some reason. Shame, wasted opportunity.

6 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

He didn't start in the Pursuit for some reason. Shame, wasted opportunity.

On his Facebook site he said he will be racing a FIS cross-country race today. Probably didn't expect to make pursuit. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Gerade eben schrieb dcro:

On his Facebook site he said he will be racing a FIS cross-country race today. Probably didn't expect to make pursuit. :d

Of course would have been nice to see him in the race, but the pursuit does not bring him anything iro olympic games, as no ibu points are awarded. I think he tries to qualify for cross country as well (with good chance) in case biathlon does not work.

Just now, prso1000 said:

Of course would have been nice to see him in the race, but the pursuit does not bring him anything iro olympic games, as no ibu points are awarded. I think he tries to qualify for cross country as well (with good chance) in case biathlon does not work.

Ahhh okay I see

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

I don't really care about Olympic qualification at the moment. Most of all, it's refreshing to have competitive biathlete.

And the fact that he scored points despite two misses definitely says that he can repeat it. Moreover, he would already have points from Pokljuka with cleaner shooting. In any case, it's much better than having a slow athlete that always shoots clean (and that is very often the case with smaller nations).

#banbestmen