website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Wow, now I see that Crnković won points despite 2 misses! I was sure it was perfect shooting when I heard that he made top 40, but looks like he is a speedy guy. :d

Our first World Cup points after Oslo in 2010. :d:thumbup:

also seeing his fast skiing today, if he´ll able to keep this form, PyeongChang may be real for him

The festive period is over so back to reality :lol:  and what a return to the reality it was, we send only three mens athletes to Oberhof  and they managed the 59th, 73rd and 84th fastests skiing times,  just disastrous... The young Michal Kubaliak achieved his careers result in his first this seasons race and qualify for his first ever Worlds highest level pursuit race, in the pusuit we will have also Matej Kazár, 2 participants on Saturday, this is the only positive thing from todays race, Kazár s "walk" run and Martin Otčenáš awful prone shooting can not means anything else as no points to the world cup standing today.

at least we maintained 14th place in the Nations cup, so after 8 events we are still with full team in PyeongChang 2018...but still 14 qualifying events to go :zip:

Spoiler

15826268_1375637412469477_59201065421699

tomorrow it may be even worse in the womens side, since we have only 2 athletes in Oberhof. Gereková and Poliaková, I´m worried we will drop down in the womens ranking..hopefully not too much...

thanks god there only 1 qualifying event in Oberhof...next week in Ruhpolding we are supposed to compete again with our full team including Kuzmina.:fingers:

32 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

how can crnkovic qualify to olympic games?

only via ibu qualifying points right? how does that work?

yes there will be max. 6 quotas eligible by IBU qualifying points (if S. Korea will manage to finish in top 22 of the Nations Cup) or 5 quotas if S. Korea will not be among the top 22 Nations Cup countries at the end of this season 2016/17. so he must be among the best 6 athletes from the already non qualified countries.

Gerade eben schrieb hckosice:

yes there will be max. 6 quotas eligible by IBU qualifying points (if S. Korea will manage to finish in top 22 of the Nations Cup) or 5 quotas if S. Korea will not be among the top 22 Nations Cup countries at the end of this season 2016/17. so he must be among the best 6 from the already non qualified countries.

And how the ibu points list works, can you see it somewhere?

How many results are taken into account for the points (one or more). This is really complicated.

And waht happens if some of the top 22 nations do not use fully the quota. Will this increase the number of indivdual quotas or not?

5 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

And how the ibu points list works, can you see it somewhere?

How many results are taken into account for the points (one or more). This is really complicated.

And waht happens if some of the top 22 nations do not use fully the quota. Will this increase the number of indivdual quotas or not?

yes it is really tricky and complicated. the problem is IBU isn´t very friendly when it come to revealing those lists, I don´t know where find them too :( maybe @heywoodu can help you more about this since he work with the points counting for his beloved Brazilian team.

Not sure, but I think unfortunately all those unused quotas will remains unused

11 hours ago, hckosice said:

yes it is really tricky and complicated. the problem is IBU isn´t very friendly when it come to revealing those lists, I don´t know where find them too :( maybe @heywoodu can help you more about this since he work with the points counting for his beloved Brazilian team.

Not sure, but I think unfortunately all those unused quotas will remains unused

The lists are not available anywhere. Last season I had a wonderful excel sheet to work out the list after every competition, but since IBU made some small changes in the format of their PDF's, the excel sheet doesn't work anymore..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The list itself is not overly complicated by the way, basically they take the average of the three best results of an athlete in a certain time period.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That moment when everyone is off to the tracks for an easy and short training and you're like "meh, its -15 degrees, I'll see you later" :p