website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

2 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

On another note what is it with the Chinese Taipei athletes who always come in every year and post extremely slow times?? :dunno:

One of them was 7 minutes behind.. before shooting 1.

Did they leave their skis in Taiwan or something? I mean, look at the total skiing time..

4e8e73a356.png

A few years ago in Beitostoelen, Fu missed only 4 shots, yet finished a little over half an hour (!) behind the winner..in a sprint.. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Did they leave their skis in Taiwan or something? I mean, look at the total skiing time..

4e8e73a356.png

A few years ago in Beitostoelen, Fu missed only 4 shots, yet finished a little over half an hour (!) behind the winner..in a sprint.. 

The only explanation I can possibly think of is that the Chinese Taipei biathlon federation is simultaneously the Modern Pentathlon one as well, so maybe they are modern pentathletes who take the opportunity to get into shape during the winter?

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

The only explanation I can possibly think of is that the Chinese Taipei biathlon federation is simultaneously the Modern Pentathlon one as well, so maybe they are modern pentathletes who take the opportunity to get into shape during the winter?

Never thought about that :d 

I checked the UIPM database, at least they're not internationally registered modern pentathletes :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Never mind then. :p 

Biathlon in some countries is such a mystery...

Yeah...if you're a young biathlete just starting out, alright. But they've been around for some years already and still lose 15-20+ minutes purely in skiing speed...in a 20-25 minute sprint...

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah...if you're a young biathlete just starting out, alright. But they've been around for some years already and still lose 15-20+ minutes purely in skiing speed...in a 20-25 minute sprint...

Since 2010, actually. Wow. 

I kind of want to know the story.

And good to have found another South Park fan! :d 

Fourcade going for the win! :yikes: