website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

3 godziny temu, hckosice napisał:

Without Nastya Kuzmina not competing today because of illness, we started with only 3 biathletes. Only Jana Gereková finished on points, 29th today, her first season points, looks like her re-start in the IBU cup last week helped her. Paulína Fialková is evidently rising her ski speed form so it´s a very good news, unfortunately she was again unlucky in the standing shooting, but despite 3 loops she managed to qualify for tomorrows pursuit from last possible 60th place and tomorrow she may with better luck in shooting range advance higher in the standing and since the time gaps aren´t so big as usually are she eventually can also attacks the points position.

Ivona with very bad performance today, slow running and bad shooting resulted in her worst this seasons result so far..

In the Nations Cup we are still 17th, but once again since we will most likely not compete in Oberhof we will certainly drop down...hopefully Kuzmina will recover soon we need her points !!!

Odkryj ukrytą treść

Image may contain: 3 people

Great 4th place of Terézia Poliaková in IBU cup to notice, we will see how she will perfom tomorrow in the pursuit. but already she has great chances to return back to the A team.

Why your team might not compete in Oberhof?

3 hours ago, dcro said:

I wonder what odds you get for picking Martin Fourcade as the winner these days, 1.01? :p

1.95 for tomorrow's pursuit in the first bookmaker I checked :mumble:

c81ada35af.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, rybak said:

Why your team might not compete in Oberhof?

I don´t know the real reasons, I just know that It was already declared before the seasons start, the same most likely will be for PyeongChang and Tyumen stages.

Heard about many factors..from lack of funds in the seasons budget, or many athletes just decided to remove Oberhof from their individual program. anyway, we´ll see, Last week I heard that maybe Gereková will go to Oberhof, maybe someone more, but hardly we will have 3 athletes there. the same for mens.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

I don´t know the real reasons, I just know that It was already declared before the seasons start, the same most likely will be for PyeongChang and Tyumen stages.

Heard about many factors..from lack of funds in the seasons budget, or many athletes just decided to remove Oberhof from their individual program. anyway, we´ll see, Last week I heard that maybe Gereková will go to Oberhof, maybe someone more, but hardly we will have 3 athletes there. the same for mens.

On the bright side, it's not even sure yet the Tyumen stage will actually happen, so for Slovakia's sake, let's hope it will be moved to a closer location or scrapped altogether :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Biathlon Brazil Fanclub Update: As head of the fanclub, I am now 99% certain I will spend the week in Martell (4-9 January) in the same hotel as the Brazilian team :d That makes life easier :p 

Now I only need to get confirmation of where they will be staying in/around Arber :)

Edited by heywoodu

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Biathlon Brazil Fanclub Update: As head of the fanclub, I am now 99% certain I will spend the week in Martell (4-9 January) in the same hotel as the Brazilian team :d That makes life easier :p 

Now I only need to get confirmation of where they will be staying in/around Arber :)

Awesome! You should make a video interview or something. Or 'a day in the life of Brazilian biathletes'. 

7 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Awesome! You should make a video interview or something. Or 'a day in the life of Brazilian biathletes'. 

I will try :d 

c22d2ab73d.png

There should be plenty of time on 6 January. If I'm not mistaken, the Four Hill Tournament in ski jumping ends on that day too, so I hope it'll be on TV and I can introduce them to the wonderful sport of ski jumping :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I will try :d 

c22d2ab73d.png

There should be plenty of time on 6 January. If I'm not mistaken, the Four Hill Tournament in ski jumping ends on that day too, so I hope it'll be on TV and I can introduce them to the wonderful sport of ski jumping :p 

Maybe in 10 years they will have their first ski jumper :p 

Imagine that.