website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Just now, uk12points said:

You've got to love the determination of British Nordic Skiing teams!! Nearly as bad as our para biathletes who spend twice as long on the course as anyone's else, we do like to get our money's worth!!

To be fair, as far as I know they're very inexperienced, so I definitely wouldn't go with "bad" as choice of words. If you want to get people in your country interested, you have to start somewhere, and only trusting on Amanda Lightfoot isn't gonna work forever :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, dareza said:

Really? :lol: I really thought that Shipulin will win finally.

This would have been the worst day of all for a Russian victory in biathlon... :p 

I'm getting enough of Fourcade for quite a while, but damn, the man is such a beast. :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Congrats to the czechs for filling the stands, amazing atmosphere! :yes :clap:

Every time bidding for a world championships is happening, I'm hoping for Nove Mesto for exactly this reason :p 

Edited by heywoodu

No points today for us :( what a shame, with clean shooting we will have at least 2 biathletes with points. Especially Otčenáš is only 1.3 second behind points...

but in other hand, 3 slovaks qualified for the pursuit is something very rare. It didn´t happened since last years Ostersund. :yes

We moved one place higher and we are now 14th in the Nations Cup. But since the Next race counting for the Nations Cup will be the Oberhof sprint, and most likely as our womens our mens will miss the whole Oberhof stage too, we will drop down in the ranking. :(

Spoiler

Image may contain: 4 people

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What's the deal with the wildcards (women) again? Everyone from a top-30 nation is in (with a maximum per NOC of course) and wildcards go to non-top-30 nations? 

I think the other nations get 10 between them if I'm not mistaken.