website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Young Ukaleq Slettemark has been impressive by the way! 5 misses, which is a shame, but she's keeping almost 30 girls behind her when looking at skiing speed only :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Gabi is kicking a whole lot of ass, including some names I didn't have on my list, but unfortunately it won't be enough as she's 62nd now. Still, very nicely done! 

Regardless of the position she did great today. And even if she shot clear she wouldn't have made the pursuit, so nothing to really regret about that one shot.

Unfortunately Carine Leijn isn't in the pursuit even shooting clear :( 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Young Ukaleq Slettemark has been impressive by the way! 5 misses, which is a shame, but she's keeping almost 30 girls behind her when looking at skiing speed only :yikes:

Thing to remember with her- she's only 15!! She could be on the junior cup circuit for about 5 years.

Dear Lord, if Anna Weidel really was skiing at near-competition speed when Bruna followed and then passed her on the tracks yesterday, that's some promising stuff for January :hyper:

2216046996.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Thing to remember with her- she's only 15!! She could be on the junior cup circuit for about 5 years.

Exactly! This is one of the most surpising performances I have seen in quite a while...I wonder where she finished when taking out the Juniors and only looking at the Youths..

Poor Sofie Hopkins. 105 of 106 girls have finished and she just came out of the shooting range and still has a full lap to go. 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Dear Lord, if Anna Weidel really was skiing at near-competition speed when Bruna followed and then passed her on the tracks yesterday, that's some promising stuff for January :hyper:

2216046996.png

In terms of wildcards for the World Champs I will make a prediction: Maria Tsakiri (Greece), Snejana Tiseeva (Moldova), and maybe Bruna if she really has improved that much. But I can't see anyone else getting close to 180. Maybe I'm missing someone?

For the men it should be easier to fill, though.

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

In terms of wildcards for the World Champs I will make a prediction: Maria Tsakiri (Greece), Snejana Tiseeva (Moldova), and maybe Bruna if she really has improved that much. But I can't see anyone else getting close to 180. Maybe I'm missing someone?

For the men it should be easier to fill, though.

What's the deal with the wildcards (women) again? Everyone from a top-30 nation is in (with a maximum per NOC of course) and wildcards go to non-top-30 nations? 

By the way, not wind, but fog was the reason for the postponement..maybe it helped Gabi to her 0+1 :d 

CztQ6Z8XcAAL1u5.jpg:large

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Poor Sofie Hopkins. 105 of 106 girls have finished and she just came out of the shooting range and still has a full lap to go. 

You've got to love the determination of British Nordic Skiing teams!! Nearly as bad as our para biathletes who spend twice as long on the course as anyone's else, we do like to get our money's worth!!