website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

15 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Oh sorry I forgot, you can't read my mind lol. I meant for the Olympics. Haha. 

I honestly have no idea...last time, unused quota places were distributed to the next eligible nations, but the qualification document this time says "Reallocation of unused quota placed - Not applicable", which makes a huge difference... 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In Pokljuka there's a "TV test 5km sprint" apparently, with men and women, and live timing :d 

5b485b30ea.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

0+2 in the standing for Chardine but still in 2nd place...I'm very impressed, she's so far leaving behind some very decent athletes! 

Nadine Horchler has switched on the turbo after the standing shooting, damn :d 

4923bb5cac.png

Edited by heywoodu

Simone Kupfner in the lead ahead of Fak :d 

9789063d45.png

Man, you really have quite a discussion here. :) 

Tell me, heywoodu, what are chances for Tina Mlakar and / or Polona Klemenčič achieving standard to compete in Pokljuka for women relay. We need one of them to qualify (besides Gregorin, Eržen and Poje)?

Out of nowhere.

Valj Semerenko is training in Pokljuka... with the main team. In a bib, lol.

MW8eL4r.jpg

Trainers planned that she will return in January. Wondering if she's ready.

Edited by Xander

9 minutes ago, justony said:

Man, you really have quite a discussion here. :) 

Tell me, heywoodu, what are chances for Tina Mlakar and / or Polona Klemenčič achieving standard to compete in Pokljuka for women relay. We need one of them to qualify (besides Gregorin, Eržen and Poje)?

At WC events with relays, all NFs having a start right may register the minimum number of athletes required to compete in the relay provided all the athletes meet the qualification requirements for the WC. This rule also applies to mixed relays and single mixed relays provided the NFs have both men and women with a start right for the WC.

The requirements:

To gain the right to participate in WC events, a competitor must have 150 IBU qualifying points or less at the end of the last trimester, or fulfill one of the following criteria:

a. Compete in at least one competition earning 125 IBU qualifying points or less at an IBU Cup, OECH, WCH or OWG in the Sprint or Individual during the current or preceding trimester; or

b. One finish in the top half at the most recent JWCH (not Youth).

Gregorin, Erzen and Poje are well within the 150 after the last trimester and Gregorin and Erzen have already gotten under 125 as well this season so those three won't be a problem, like you said.

Mlakar had 198 points after the last trimester, Klemencic 220, so they'll have to fulfill either criterium A or B. They both didn't get close to 125 points in Beitostoelen at the IBU Cup, so the only option left is B, the JWCH last season:

Individual: Mlakar was 37th out of 66 (or 67 depending on whether or not a DNF counts) --> not in the top half

Sprint: Mlakar was 41st out of 65 (or 67) --> not in the top half

Pursuit: Mlakar was 43rd out of 58 --> not in the top half

Klemencic didn't compete, so as far as I can see, Slovenia only has 3 athletes who meet the WC requirements, meaning they wouldn't be allowed to start in the women's relay...