website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It looks like biathlon races at the 2018 Olympics will be held at night, starting 21:00 local time to accomodate European tv-markets (13:00 CET). Not bad, night races are cool :)

And when NBC changes schedule then that's not cool? :p

#banbestmen

41 minutes ago, dcro said:

And when NBC changes schedule then that's not cool? :p

Well I doubt NBC is going to change the biathlon schedules, like I just said: they're doing this for the European tv-markets, by far the biggest in biathlon :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well I doubt NBC is going to change the biathlon schedules, like I just said: they're doing this for the European tv-markets, by far the biggest in biathlon :p 

I meant NBC changing swimming schedule. :evil:

And frankly, 21:00 local time seems very bad for the athletes.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I meant NBC changing swimming schedule. :evil:

And frankly, 21:00 local time seems very bad for the athletes.

Well NBC changing the swimming schedules wasn't cool, but it's definitely logical that it happened that way :p

I'll ask one of the (hopefully) participants what she thinks about a night race :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

Biathlon National Team Slovakia for season 2016/17

Mens

• Martin Otčenáš
  • Matej Kazár
  • Tomáš Hasilla
  • Miroslav Matiaško
  • Michal Šíma
  • Michal Kubaliak

Womens

• Anastasiya Kuzmina (From 2nd Stage in Pokljuka)
  • Jana Gereková
  • Paulína Fialková
  • Terézia Poliaková
  • Ivona Fialková
  • Martina Chrapanová
  • Natália Prekopová

24 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Biathlon National Team Slovakia for season 2016/17

Womens

• Anastasiya Kuzmina (From 2nd Stage in Pokljuka)
  • Jana Gereková
  • Paulína Fialková
  • Terézia Poliaková
  • Ivona Fialková
  • Martina Chrapanová
  • Natália Prekopová

Jesus, finally :d 

For the lovers of watching without understanding what's being said, here's some videos of the "Brazilian cross-country skiing sprint challenge" in Gramado last weekend (yes, that's a competition on snow, in Brazil, indoor snow, but snow). Posting it in the biathlon thread because of the participants, I think Bruna Moura has the highest chance to actually qualify for the Olympics and she's mostly focussed on biathlon :p

http://g1.globo.com/rs/rio-grande-do-sul/bom-dia-rio-grande/videos/v/atletas-da-selecao-brasileira-de-esportes-no-gelo-participaram-de-prova-em-gramado-rs/5331612/

http://g1.globo.com/rs/rio-grande-do-sul/rbs-noticias/videos/t/edicoes/v/atletas-treinam-em-gramado-para-olimpiadas-de-inverno/5330449/

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For the lovers of watching without understanding what's being said, here's some videos of the "Brazilian cross-country skiing sprint challenge" in Gramado last weekend (yes, that's a competition on snow, in Brazil, indoor snow, but snow). Posting it in the biathlon thread because of the participants, I think Bruna Moura has the highest chance to actually qualify for the Olympics and she's mostly focussed on biathlon :p

http://g1.globo.com/rs/rio-grande-do-sul/bom-dia-rio-grande/videos/v/atletas-da-selecao-brasileira-de-esportes-no-gelo-participaram-de-prova-em-gramado-rs/5331612/

http://g1.globo.com/rs/rio-grande-do-sul/rbs-noticias/videos/t/edicoes/v/atletas-treinam-em-gramado-para-olimpiadas-de-inverno/5330449/

Nothing new for a small winter sports nation :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Nothing new for a small winter sports nation :p

I fail to see the meaning behind this post, whether I should read it literally or as a form of sarcasm :d 

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Jesus, finally :d 

yep finally :d

I wonder in which level she will be, Hope she will return to her top from before the break as soon as possible, she said to our medias that her main goal is third olympic sprint gold in a row. So she hope to peak mainly in february 2018, but ofc she will try her best also this season with major focus on world championships.

Alsolooking forward about Paulína Fialková. After her carreers season last year there some expectations about her in our team. Hope she will be able to stand the pressure and continue to improve. especially after so hard trainings https://www.facebook.com/fialkovapaulina/videos/1056347721113523/ :p