website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

34 minutes ago, dcro said:

Here's some nice news. :ISL Elsa-Gudrun Jonsdottir apparently made her comeback to XC skiing after 10 years of absence and is well on the way of becoming the first Icelandic woman to qualify for the Olympics in XC. :cheer:

And today she competed in a sprint in Reykjavik where I opened the result because I was bored, and suddenly saw....Leila Mostaço :BRA:d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kowalczyk gets her 50th win and Sedov his first

96526_G08_W01.jpg

Poland's Justyna Kowalczyk and Petr Sedov of Russia have won the 15/30 km Skiathlon competition in PyeongChang, Korea.  Similar to yesterday's sprint competition there were many new faces on the podium.  

It was a very familiar face on the top step of the ladies' podium with Kowalczyk winning her 50th World Cup competition.  It was her first World Cup win since Szklarska Poreba January 2014.  Joining Kowalczyk on the podium in second place was the USA's Liz Stephen +56.0 for her 6th individual World Cup podium.  For Japan's Masako Ishida in third place +1:14.8, it was just her second World Cup podium and her very first since Trondheim 2009.  

For Sedov it was his first World Cup podium and it was a win.  He broke away from Norway's Daniel Stock on the free technique portion of the Skiathlon and won in a time of 1:18.49.6.  Stock crossed the line for second place 22.5 seconds later.  In third was another Norwegian Mathias Rundgreen +42.1.  For both Norwegian's it was their first World Cup individual podiums as well.  

C3zsMvOVYAEKt-f.jpg

Full Results Men and Women

4 hours ago, dcro said:

Looks like our dear friend :DMA Angelica Morrone di Silvestri is back. :lol:

Although, she did not start the first race. :p

https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/results.html?sector=CC&raceid=28437

And of course her husband didn't start neither :lol:

fe8f7b942a.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Russia tried to go for triple gold in the U23 men's relay :rofl:

Judges eventually reviewed the photofinish and gave the official results without anyone having the exact same time :p

C32ZeWhUkAAI6ip?format=jpg&name=large

Sweden and Russia win team sprint in PyeongChang

Z

Team Sweden I and Russia I have won the team sprint competitions in PyeongChang, Korea.  In the ladies' competition it was a 4-team battle heading into the final lap between Sweden I, Norway I, USA I and USA II.  Liz Stephen of the USA II team known best for her climbing ability up Alpe Cermis on the final stage of the Tour de Ski took control on the first climb of the stadium but was unable to hold off the charge of the Swedish team anchored by Maria Nordstroem and Norway's Silje Oeyre Slind on the final climb.  In the end no one could match Nordstroem and she brought Sweden home to victory by 1.71 seconds ahead of Norway. In third was the USA I as Ida Sargent just out sprinted Stephen by 3.5 seconds.  

In the men's competition it was another team sprint photo finish, this time between Russia and France.  Friday's classic sprint winner Gleb Retivykh brought Russia I to victory by just 0.03 seconds ahead of Lucas Chanavat of France.  In third place was Russia II +5.52 seconds back.

9k=

Full Results Women and Men

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Russia tried to go for triple gold in the U23 men's relay :rofl:

Judges eventually reviewed the photofinish and gave the official results without anyone having the exact same time :p

And we have a video, look at that finish in the end :d 

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

wrong video :p it was for the under 23

Oh yes, I copied the video from the article where I saw it, but forgot that I found the U23 only after looking at the account that posted the other video :p 

On 2/4/2017 at 10:31, dcro said:

Looks like our dear friend :DMA Angelica Morrone di Silvestri is back. :lol:

Although, she did not start the first race. :p

https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/results.html?sector=CC&raceid=28437

They stayed in Bosnia, where she didn't start again today, but....her husband DID start :yikes:

His second sub-300 of the season :p