Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro    2,458
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly, goodbye 30+ degrees and scorching sun all day :hearts::clap:

Oh well, I was a big follower of skiing few years ago (especially around Vancouver Olympics). But nowadays I feel like watching 2-3 races per season is enough, since every race is the same anyway. :p

heywoodu    2,967
1 minute ago, dcro said:

Oh well, I was a big follower of skiing few years ago (especially around Vancouver Olympics). But nowadays I feel like watching 2-3 races per season is enough, since every race is the same anyway. :p

You may have recorded a race and accidentally watched that recorded race every time there was a World Cup on TV? :evil:

Because I've seen a whole lot of different stuff last year :d 

It's like saying every football/handball/water polo match is the same: it's always two teams and often one or more of them makes some goals and in the end there's a winner or a draw.

Edited by heywoodu

dcro    2,458
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You may have recorded a race and accidentally watched that recorded race every time there was a World Cup on TV? :evil:

Because I've seen a whole lot of different stuff last year :d 

It's like saying every football/handball/water polo match is the same: it's always two teams and often one or more of them makes some goals and in the end there's a winner or a draw.

Well, in men's technical events for example there is a same pattern going on and on if the conditions are not the best. Favourites lead after run 1, but then there is some lucky guy who was 28th or something after first run, He has a perfect conditions in run 2 and suddenly he finishes on podium on something. Yet the commentators keep saying "surprise, surprise". :p

Oh, yeah, and how many globes Hirscher won in a row? I stopped counting few years ago. :lol:

hckosice    1,697
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Well, in men's technical events for example there is a same pattern going on and on if the conditions are not the best. Favourites lead after run 1, but then there is some lucky guy who was 28th or something after first run, He has a perfect conditions in run 2 and suddenly he finishes on podium on something. Yet the commentators keep saying "surprise, surprise". :p

Oh, yeah, and how many globes Hirscher won in a row? I stopped counting few years ago. :lol:

only 5 consecutive and 6 small Globe (3 SL + 3 GS) :teacher:

heywoodu    2,967
10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

only 5 consecutive and 6 small Globe (3 SL + 3 GS) :teacher:

That's what happens when you're half-Dutch :cool:

Edited by heywoodu

hckosice    1,697
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

That's what happens when you're half-Dutch :cool:

wintersport powerhouse :d

Federer91    224
2 hours ago, dcro said:

You mean, how many globes has he stolen! Two by my count, though they could be more! ;)

heywoodu    2,967
1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

You mean, how many globes has he stolen! Two by my count, though they could be more! ;)

You mean, how many times were others just not good enough? Five times when talking about the big globes if I'm not mistaken ;)

Federer91    224
10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You mean, how many times were others just not good enough? Five times when talking about the big globes if I'm not mistaken ;)

You mean, how many times he vultured a globe only after an opponents injury when he was out-classed all season prior to that. Two out of the five if i'm not mistaken. :whistle: