website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Killingtons womens slalom Start list

lol our typical draw luck :lol: if you have BIB options from 1 to 7 be sure all slovaks will get 6 and 7 :roflmao: Mikaela Shiffrin with bib 1 I think everything is already clear for the win :d

but 57 athletes is a really small number for a world cup slalom

Mikaela Shiffrin wins home slalom at Killington

Mikaela Shiffrin Killington slalom run 1

American technical ace Mikaela Shiffrin held off second run attacks by tour veteran Veronika Velez Zuzulova of Slovakia and Swiss Wendy Holdener to claim victory in the Killington World Cup slalom in front of her home crowd. In her 22nd career World Cup win, Shiffrin built on her morning lead to create a 0.73 second margin of victory. 

Shiffrin, whose hometown is Vail, Colo., graduated from high school in the state of Vermont approximately two hours from Killington. 

"I put a lot of pressure on myself,” Shiffrin said. “Knowing that I’ve been performing so well in slalom, I really had a great chance of winning the slalom here. And I actually really wanted to win the GS as well, but I didn’t put winning GS skiing out there.”

Large crowds were entertained at the Eastern U.S. resort by the local favorite.  

“It’s amazing. It was like 16,000 yesterday and I don’t how many there are today, but it’s full and that’s so cool," Shiffrin said.

The rest of the podium had positive things to say about both the venue and the future of ladies' slalom skiing this season.

“It was a really nice race,” Velez Zuzulova said. “Usually we are racing in Aspen and I can say that the crowd is never like this, so it was a really nice experience to race here.”

“I think we get a step closer than last year,” Holdener said of the winning leads Shiffrin has become known for in slalom. “Still she [Shiffrin] is dominant and I think the other girls and I are on the right way to get closer and closer. I think it will get thrilling this season.”

CySpCklWQAAszcK.jpg:large

Full Results and Cup Standings Here

Mikaela Shiffrin 2nd run

Veronika Velez Zuzulová 2nd run

Positive snow control for Sestriere (ITA)

This is to inform you that the Ladies' Audi FIS Ski World Cup races in Sestriere (ITA) are confirmed  following the official snow control. As scheduled, the races will take place on 10th - 11th December 2016.

Positive snow control for Val d'Isère (FRA)

This is to inform you that the men's Audi FIS Ski World Cup races in Val d'Isère (FRA) are confirmed following the official snow control from today 1st December 2016. As scheduled, the giant slalom and the slalom will take place on 10th - 11th December 2016 on "La Face de Bellevarde".