website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

This weather in Wengen is gorgeous :hearts:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Found a provisional list of nations registered for the 2017 World Championships (from the organizers). Definitely some interesting ones in here!

51 MEX Mexico:MEX

? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Hadalin :d 

Rodeš 8th with BiB 56. :d Although, he did lose some time in the middle part.

3 skiers in top 15. :d However, to be honest I will be happy if one of them earns points today, as their current downhill form is awful. Zubčić is probably the best bet. Ullrich is actually probably the best downhiller that we currently have, but starting outside of top 30 won't help too much...

A shortened downhill would be a welcome sight too. :whistle::p

#banbestmen

Looks like they actually decided to make downhill even shorter. Instead of Combined downhill which starts at 2140 meters and has 32 gates, they will have short downhill from 1900 meters and 26 gates.

And yes, I hope that special downhill will have a full length. Absolutely my favourite. :wub:

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15977170_1482999105067809_1224845199847595594_n.jpg?oh=64602180f11b9b5987ce474ea7caf786&oe=591E2385

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Rodeš 8th with BiB 56. :d Although, he did lose some time in the middle part.

3 skiers in top 15. :d However, to be honest I will be happy if one of them earns points today, as their current downhill form is awful. Zubčić is probably the best bet. Ullrich is actually probably the best downhiller that we currently have, but starting outside of top 30 won't help too much...

A shortened downhill would be a welcome sight too. :whistle::p

Rodeš doesn't train speed disciplines?

This downhill is horrible and soo boring. And that snow now... Well...still better than cancelled (especially after I was so angry about shortened Santa Caterina and then they decided to cancel it) but c'mon :( 
Also. Ladies didn't have any DH trainings in Altenmark yet...and they still want to race...How?