website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

13 minutes ago, rybak said:

Any start list for tomorrow race?

Later in the evening after the top group starting order draw. here you can see in the schedule it´s at 18:30 local time in Solden https://www.soelden.com/soelden-skiweltcup-opening

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Well, in men's technical events for example there is a same pattern going on and on if the conditions are not the best. Favourites lead after run 1, but then there is some lucky guy who was 28th or something after first run, He has a perfect conditions in run 2 and suddenly he finishes on podium on something. Yet the commentators keep saying "surprise, surprise". :p

Oh, yeah, and how many globes Hirscher won in a row? I stopped counting few years ago. :lol:

only 5 consecutive and 6 small Globe (3 SL + 3 GS) :teacher:

10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

only 5 consecutive and 6 small Globe (3 SL + 3 GS) :teacher:

That's what happens when you're half-Dutch :cool:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

You mean, how many globes has he stolen! Two by my count, though they could be more! ;)

You mean, how many times were others just not good enough? Five times when talking about the big globes if I'm not mistaken ;)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You mean, how many times were others just not good enough? Five times when talking about the big globes if I'm not mistaken ;)

You mean, how many times he vultured a globe only after an opponents injury when he was out-classed all season prior to that. Two out of the five if i'm not mistaken. :whistle:

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

You mean, how many times he vultured a globe only after an opponents injury when he was out-classed all season prior to that. Two out of the five if i'm not mistaken. :whistle:

He could indeed just say "wait, you are injured? Ok then, I will not compete while you are injured." I'm sure the Neureuther's and Svindal's of this world would definitely do that and sit out competitions when their rivals are injured yes_new.gif

That's not "vulturing", that's just bad luck for the others. There's quite a huge difference between the two things. Unless Hirscher went to them and hit them with an iron bar to injure them or something, but I doubt that happened.