website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think Totallympics will freak out over a photo of Lara Gut changing pants at a World Cup finish area :d 

Did you travel to an alpine skiing World Cup in Switzerland, beautiful Lara's beautiful country? No? Right, she's mine. 

deal :beer:

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

The start list for womens GS will be available late evening

I can't wait anymore, let's go let's go let's go, it's winter time :hearts::clap:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

But winter is cold, brrrr

Exactly, goodbye 30+ degrees and scorching sun all day :hearts::clap:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly, goodbye 30+ degrees and scorching sun all day :hearts::clap:

Oh well, I was a big follower of skiing few years ago (especially around Vancouver Olympics). But nowadays I feel like watching 2-3 races per season is enough, since every race is the same anyway. :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Oh well, I was a big follower of skiing few years ago (especially around Vancouver Olympics). But nowadays I feel like watching 2-3 races per season is enough, since every race is the same anyway. :p

You may have recorded a race and accidentally watched that recorded race every time there was a World Cup on TV? :evil:

Because I've seen a whole lot of different stuff last year :d 

It's like saying every football/handball/water polo match is the same: it's always two teams and often one or more of them makes some goals and in the end there's a winner or a draw.

Edited by heywoodu

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You may have recorded a race and accidentally watched that recorded race every time there was a World Cup on TV? :evil:

Because I've seen a whole lot of different stuff last year :d 

It's like saying every football/handball/water polo match is the same: it's always two teams and often one or more of them makes some goals and in the end there's a winner or a draw.

Well, in men's technical events for example there is a same pattern going on and on if the conditions are not the best. Favourites lead after run 1, but then there is some lucky guy who was 28th or something after first run, He has a perfect conditions in run 2 and suddenly he finishes on podium on something. Yet the commentators keep saying "surprise, surprise". :p

Oh, yeah, and how many globes Hirscher won in a row? I stopped counting few years ago. :lol:

#banbestmen