website statistics

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

hukbrazil

What the fuck is going on with Argentina? We beat them 99:44 today, althoug we played without Hartenstein and Bonga, in addition to that we didnt even give our best in the second half. At halftime it was already 56:15 for us ...

I dont even want to imagine what the result wouldve been if we wouldve played at 100% with our best team ...

We probably wouldve won by at least 80 points.

I hope that Hartenstein and Bonga will join the team for the u18 european championships this summer, then our goal has to be the gold medal, everything else would be extremely disappointing. We could build an amazing team with Freudenberg, Mushidi, Hartenstein, Da Silva, Bonga, Herkenhoff, Olinde, Weidemann and Sanders.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Chris Paul becomes second high-profile USA player to skip Olympics. After Anthony Davis who will have surgery. Paul was on US team that won gold medal in '08 and '12. Essentialy, this is his retirement from international basketball. Other point guards that are on preliminary list of 30 players for this summer include Curry, Westbrook, Wall, Irving, Lillard and Conley so I assume they will do just fine even without Paul :)

Another player who will miss Rio is Pablo Prigioni from Argentina.

In my opinion it isn't a big deal for Argentina cause they will have Campazzo and Laprovitolla and now we know Ginobili will play too. So there are enough players who can play point guard and shooting guard as well. Problem for Argentina is what will happen when Manu and Scola retire and that will probably be after the Games. So Rio is a last chance to watch Argentinian dinasty as it comes to the end. It was a great ride. Maybe they surprise in Rio but not likely, they just have no defense in this team.

Pretty easy wins for us against Serbia (+13) and Turkey (+24), even without our 2 most talented players (Bonga and Hartenstein). I think the other group is better overall, France and Italy look very strong. I pray to god that we will be able to play with our best team at the european u18 championships. In my opinion this is the most talented age group we ever had. The problem is that our league is too weak, those players have to leave Germany early, otherwise they will never be able to show their true potential. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Nikola Jokic can play for Serbia in qualification. Still we don't know for Marjanovic. I hope that he will be able to play in Rio,of course if we qualify for OG.

in 15.6. they will start for preparation. First friendly match will be against France 21.6. in Bercy Arena. Next match also agaist France in Belgrade 25.6. and last match against Greece 28.6. in Belgrade. If we qualify for OG,we will go on preparation in Argentina :)

7 minutes ago, dareza said:

Nikola Jokic can play for Serbia in qualification. Still we don't know for Marjanovic. I hope that he will be able to play in Rio,of course if we qualify for OG.

in 15.6. they will start for preparation. First friendly match will be against France 21.6. in Bercy Arena. Next match also agaist France in Belgrade 25.6. and last match against Greece 28.6. in Belgrade. If we qualify for OG,we will go on preparation in Argentina :)

Nenad Krstić had to retire so that we could again play Greece in "friendly" match :)

1 hour ago, nenad said:

Semifinals of Albert Schweitzer tournament are today. Italy vs Serbia 17:45 CET and probably final before a final Germany vs France at 20:00 CET

I wouldnt call Germany vs. France a final before a final, i dont think that anyone can stop Italy here. Do you know if France/Italy/Serbia are missing any of their best players? Germany is missing Hartenstein and Bonga both due to injury, both apart from that we are playing with our best team.

31 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wouldnt call Germany vs. France a final before a final, i dont think that anyone can stop Italy here. Do you know if France/Italy/Serbia are missing any of their best players? Germany is missing Hartenstein and Bonga both due to injury, both apart from that we are playing with our best team.

Dino Radoncic is not in Serbian team and he is so far best. But it is not sure that he will play for Serbia this summer. There is possibility that he will be in Spainsh team.