Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hukbrazil

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

nenad    28
Just now, intoronto said:

What happened?

Again the story of FIBA vs ULEB in europe club competitions. It's really complicated for someone who doesn't follow closely, and even for me who follow a lot of times it doesn't make sense. Anyway, in short FIBA wants from national federations to suspend clubs who will play in the ULEB Eurocup next season and threatening national federations who don't apply with suspensions. And ULEB is going to sue FIBA because of pressures and blackmails. FIBA wanted to overtake ULEB in organizing biggest club competitions but lost again because their new Champions League will again be 3rd tier competition in Europe. I said it many times, FIBA is a joke.

Federer91    179
5 hours ago, nenad said:

Again the story of FIBA vs ULEB in europe club competitions. It's really complicated for someone who doesn't follow closely, and even for me who follow a lot of times it doesn't make sense. Anyway, in short FIBA wants from national federations to suspend clubs who will play in the ULEB Eurocup next season and threatening national federations who don't apply with suspensions. And ULEB is going to sue FIBA because of pressures and blackmails. FIBA wanted to overtake ULEB in organizing biggest club competitions but lost again because their new Champions League will again be 3rd tier competition in Europe. I said it many times, FIBA is a joke.

Having a Superleague with 30 games league format with "Gods" teams every year is the real joke. 

Bearas    14

FIBA started naming countries that may be disqualified from 2017 Europeans due stupidity in FIBA: :LTU:BEL:CZE:FRA:GER:GRE:ISR:ITA:LAT:POL" and others."

Gianlu33    302
3 minutes ago, Bearas said:

FIBA started naming countries that may be disqualified from 2017 Europeans due stupidity in FIBA: :LTU:BEL:CZE:FRA:GER:GRE:ISR:ITA:LAT:POL" and others."

Yeah we are in :lol: I love the European Basket Federation

nenad    28
3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Having a Superleague with 30 games league format with "Gods" teams every year is the real joke. 

I don't say ULEB is much better, but in comparison with FIBA it's no contest.

Henry_Leon    72

FIBA /Fiba Europe want punish all federations that will support Euroleague Basketball, and want a punishment  for all club or League that have according with Euroleague basketball (with the exception of the 16 Euroleague teams) ........ or the National teams will be withdrawn from all FIBA tournaments :cry:

The mission of FIBA Europe is

protect clubs and leagues of all levels and grassroots basketball organisations from the illegal actions of ECA, which aim at serving the interests of a few clubs...

and for this they have created (or recreated a own Champions league....) :wacko:

Is only a money-war ....... and will generate a confusion....:facepalm:

ITALY situations:  1 licence for Euroleague (EA7 Milano) and 3 clubs have individual (not Lega A basket) agreements for Eurocup (Dinamo Banco di Sardegna Sassari, Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia and Dolomiti Energia Trento).

The federal council of Italian basket (FIP) will meet today in Rome for discussion the case.

Federer91    179

The Fiba Champions League is a much better option than the ULEB ClownLeague with the same teams every year... At least they are going to give a chance to middle countries to participate on the biggest tournament and will give more importance to the domestic leagues for the top countries, where finishing in the top 3 will be a challenge. It's high time the private corporation ULEB gets the fuck out of organizing european basketball, because they only care for the very top of clubs and leagues, because they bring them the money. They could care less about the basketball in Bulgaria, Romania or Portugal for example.  If it means banning clubs, players, referees then i say go for it. The more european basketball becomes like european football, in format and less like the NBA, the better.

heywoodu    959

Tomorrow in the EuroCup, Varese would play the Antwerp Giants. The match will be postponed to Thursday, because Sebastien Bellin (former player and current staff member) was injured in the Brussels terrorist attacks. The team had barely left the area where the bombs exploded...

This was one of the first photos that appeared this morning and it turned out to be Bellin:

CeKUadeW0AAkRmU.jpg

I remember seeing the full photo earlier this morning and there was quite a lot of blood around his lower legs.

Henry_Leon    72

Eurocup Italian derby won by Dolomiti Energia Trento (defeat EA7 in both matches...). I'm sorry for the bad game of EA7:facepalm:; but  honestly, in the two games it was never in contention, :bowdown: Trento deserve the semifinal!!!!

Semifinal:

Strasbourg - Trento

Galatasaray - Gran Canaria