website statistics

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

hukbrazil

Just now, hukbrazil said:

Here is ok :mumble:. Try "Basquete Brasil" in Twitter. Argentine Federation also confirmed the date.

I can see it now, probably browser issue or who knows. I thought some rules for the draw will be in the spoiler :)

Also, too bad for Brazil Splitter will not play.

Edited by nenad

Just now, nenad said:

I can see it now, probably browser issue or who knows. I thought some rules for the draw will be in the spoiler :)

Yes, our basketball is not in a good moment :(

About the draw, will be boring without the teams of Olympic Qualifying Tournaments.

Just now, hukbrazil said:

Yes, our basketball is not in a good moment :(

About the draw, will be boring without the teams of Olympic Qualifying Tournaments.

I don't want to jinx it but i think Serbia, France and Italy/Greece will qualify. Brazil has problem with youngers players, you have big gap between generations... And it was probably expected that one of Varejao/Nene/Splitter isn't going to be healthy. Also they are not playing in some very good form, too bad. Rio olympics come probably 4 years late for your team

3 minutes ago, nenad said:

I don't want to jinx it but i think Serbia, France and Italy/Greece will qualify. Brazil has problem with youngers players, you have big gap between generations... And it was probably expected that one of Varejao/Nene/Splitter isn't going to be healthy. Also they are not playing in some very good form, too bad. Rio olympics come probably 4 years late for your team

Exactly. Even in the last World Cup Brazil was good, but now it seems that passed the "expiration date."

These are the pots for the draw. I think it is at 15:30 CET

Men

1. USA, Spain

2. Venezuela, Argentina

3. Nigeria, China

4. Australia, Brazil

5. Lithuania, qualifying team

6. qualifying teams

Women

1. USA, Australia

2. Brazil, Canada

3. Japan, Senegal