website statistics

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

hukbrazil

FIBA /Fiba Europe want punish all federations that will support Euroleague Basketball, and want a punishment  for all club or League that have according with Euroleague basketball (with the exception of the 16 Euroleague teams) ........ or the National teams will be withdrawn from all FIBA tournaments :cry:

The mission of FIBA Europe is

protect clubs and leagues of all levels and grassroots basketball organisations from the illegal actions of ECA, which aim at serving the interests of a few clubs...

and for this they have created (or recreated a own Champions league....) :wacko:

Is only a money-war ....... and will generate a confusion....:facepalm:

ITALY situations:  1 licence for Euroleague (EA7 Milano) and 3 clubs have individual (not Lega A basket) agreements for Eurocup (Dinamo Banco di Sardegna Sassari, Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia and Dolomiti Energia Trento).

The federal council of Italian basket (FIP) will meet today in Rome for discussion the case.

The Fiba Champions League is a much better option than the ULEB ClownLeague with the same teams every year... At least they are going to give a chance to middle countries to participate on the biggest tournament and will give more importance to the domestic leagues for the top countries, where finishing in the top 3 will be a challenge. It's high time the private corporation ULEB gets the fuck out of organizing european basketball, because they only care for the very top of clubs and leagues, because they bring them the money. They could care less about the basketball in Bulgaria, Romania or Portugal for example.  If it means banning clubs, players, referees then i say go for it. The more european basketball becomes like european football, in format and less like the NBA, the better.

Tomorrow in the EuroCup, Varese would play the Antwerp Giants. The match will be postponed to Thursday, because Sebastien Bellin (former player and current staff member) was injured in the Brussels terrorist attacks. The team had barely left the area where the bombs exploded...

This was one of the first photos that appeared this morning and it turned out to be Bellin:

CeKUadeW0AAkRmU.jpg

I remember seeing the full photo earlier this morning and there was quite a lot of blood around his lower legs.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Eurocup Italian derby won by Dolomiti Energia Trento (defeat EA7 in both matches...). I'm sorry for the bad game of EA7:facepalm:; but  honestly, in the two games it was never in contention, :bowdown: Trento deserve the semifinal!!!!

Semifinal:

Strasbourg - Trento

Galatasaray - Gran Canaria

At the moment the Albert Schweitzer tournament, also called "Mini Basketball World Cup" takes place. In the past a lot of famous players competed there, for example Magic Johnson, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Rudy Gobert, Nicolas Batum, Pau Gasol, Miroslav Raduljica, Andrei Kirilenko, Arvydas Sabonis, Hedo Turkoglu, Dario Saric or Enes Kanter played at the AST.

Yesterday results:

Group A:

Australia-Serbia 58:87

Turkey-Argentina 72:54

Germany-Japan 89:59

Group B:

Egypt-Greece 58:104

Italy-China 78:74

USA-France 78:80

Todays schedule (CET):

3 pm: Serbia-Turkey, Greece-Italy

5:15 pm: Japan-Australia, France-Egypt

7:30 pm: Germany-Argentina, China-USA

I cant say anything about the strength of other teams, but Germany is missing their best player (Isaiah Hartenstein) due to injury and for some reason we played without our best PG (Isaac Bonga) in the first match, i hope he will play today or in some of the following matches.

Most of the games will be streamed on "sportdeutschland.tv", i dont know if its possible to watch them from outside of Germany, maybe you need a german proxy to watch it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

We have very strong team and should do very well. Even though we play without Radončić who plays for Real Madrid and technicaly hasn't decided yet for which national team will play but it should be Serbia.

8 minutes ago, nenad said:

We have very strong team and should do very well. Even though we play without Radončić who plays for Real Madrid and technicaly hasn't decided yet for which national team will play but it should be Serbia.

yes. He is one of the best in the world for this generation. Also our cadet team is very strong. Petrusev and Pecarski are huge talents.

Edited by dareza

Just now, dareza said:

yes. He is one of the best in the world for this generation. Also our cadet team is also very strong. Petrusev and Pecarski are huge talents.

I saw him two nights ago in Zrenjanin. He's clubing :lol: