website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning and Missing Nations

10 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

of course , but i doubt it :d . well at least if it doesn't work for the next WOG , IT CAN WORK IN 2022 WOG , it'll motivate many Egyptians living in USA , Canada or Britain and participating winter sports to represent Egypt in the near future 

Yeah for sure. He said 2022 is his main ambition anyway but would very much like to try these ones. 

I guess send his message to the Sports Ministry as much as you can and hope for the best.

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

14 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah for sure. He said 2022 is his main ambition anyway but would very much like to try these ones. 

I guess send his message to the Sports Ministry as much as you can and hope for the best.

yeah , thanks very much for your efforts 

Interesting news here about North Korea:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/winter-sports/ioc-ready-to-provide-north-korean-athletes-with-gear-for-games_sto6342285/story.shtml

Looks like the IOC will be funding 5-10 North Korean winter sports athletes with the FIS and ISU to participate in qualification events and training camps. They should be able to qualify in Figure Skating, Short Track Speed Skating and Cross Country Skiing, so hopefully the support is going to these athletes.

Thought I'd confirm it: Steveanus Wihardja :INA says he will be entered in Short Track World Cups 3 and 4. His brother Johannes might be entered as well but that's unconfirmed. He has also asked his federation to enter him in Olympic accreditation.

Chances of him qualifying for the Olympics are slim, his best time is around 45 seconds, 5 seconds behind the world's best. There is also no ice rink in Indonesia so he does all of his training on bikes and inline skates. If he gets lucky in one race, though, he can. The points system works so that one 20th place result gives more points than 3 25th places combined. Maybe in the heats if there was a collision in front... :whistle:

It's great that we'll actually see' Indonesia at the World Cup, though. For some reason the federation didn't tell him of the possibility :wacko: So when I told him he was basically like "what oh that sounds good sign me up". 

2 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Thought I'd confirm it: Steveanus Wihardja :INA says he will be entered in Short Track World Cups 3 and 4. His brother Johannes might be entered as well but that's unconfirmed. He has also asked his federation to enter him in Olympic accreditation.

Chances of him qualifying for the Olympics are slim, his best time is around 45 seconds, 5 seconds behind the world's best. There is also no ice rink in Indonesia so he does all of his training on bikes and inline skates. If he gets lucky in one race, though, he can. The points system works so that one 20th place result gives more points than 3 25th places combined. Maybe in the heats if there was a collision in front... :whistle:

It's great that we'll actually see' Indonesia at the World Cup, though. For some reason the federation didn't tell him of the possibility :wacko: So when I told him he was basically like "what oh that sounds good sign me up". 

Federations of 'exotic' nations :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Looks great! :champion: I would suggest also sharing it on the website if you are able to, not just the Facebook page! egyptsportsnetwork.net

Also what y'all can do is share the link to the Egyptian Sports Ministry page on Facebook: @EGMoYouth. 'Share' and then 'To page'. If we can put it on the website we can also get a link we can email it with.

• 3 weeks later...

84 nations have qualified for PyeongChang 2018. I have not included the :CAY Cayman Islands as they won't compete and included :ECU Ecuador who will make their debut. 

The following should qualify (all have athletes meeting part of the standard/good enough to qualify):

:IND India (cross-country skiing)

:PHI Philippines (alpine skiing)

:HKG Hong Kong (alpine skiing)

:MDA Moldova (cross-country skiing)

:VEN Venezuela (alpine skiing)

:TPE Chinese Taipei (speed skating).

= 90 Nations

The following have athletes just outside qualification, I rate their chances as good.

:NGR Nigeria (women's bobsled)

:JAM Jamaica (bobsled)

=92 nations

The following have athletes just outside qualification, I rate their chances as not that great

:ALG Algeria (alpine skiing/snowboard)

:BAR Barbados (freestyle skiing)

:CRC Costa Rica (freestyle skiing)

:NEP Nepal (cross country skiing, their athlete needs really good results to have any chance).

:PAR Paraguay (freestyle skiing)

:SEN Senegal (alpine skiing)

:TTO Trinidad and Tobago (cross country skiing, their athlete needs really good results to have any chance).

=99 nations

Almost no chance to qualify, but have athlete(s) competing to qualify:

:AFG Afghanistan

:DOM Dominican Republic (hard to comment, as this athlete has yet to compete). 

:EGY Egypt

:INA Indonesia

:JOR Jordan

:SRI Sri Lanka

:VIE Vietnam

:TGA Tonga

:GHA Ghana

:UGA Uganda

:TJK Tajikistan

=110 nations

Almost no chance to qualify, but have athlete(s) competing to qualify, but have a small glimmer of hope through reallocation in figure skating:

:SGP Singapore (their female skater is two spots out of reallocation, and if this were 2010 she would qualify as there were 2 reallocations back then).

=111 nations

Edited by intoronto