website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning and Missing Nations

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Apparently he hasn't competed since 2014 season.

Maybe the taekwondo player can do something, he does have an athletic background at least.

It's possible, I hope. But taekwondo isn't really an endurance sport, if he can train up his technique and endurance he could do well. We'll see at the World Champs!

• 1 month later...

:PRK North Korea suddenly has a bunch of alpine and cross-country skiers registered on FIS (some of them competing already).

Looks like they really want to be in South Korea for some reason. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

:PRK North Korea suddenly has a bunch of alpine and cross-country skiers registered on FIS (some of them competing already).

Looks like they really want to be in South Korea for some reason. :d

To be honest politics aside they are an ideal country to develop winter sports, good snowy conditions and good bulk of gymnasts and sportspeople for ice sports! I know they've recently opened the first ski resort in North Korea so I wouldn't be surprised if they try and develop it over time. They must want to make their presence felt in South Korea at the Olympics but coming in as one of the last finishers in Cross Country skiing or Alpine doesn't really do that. They'd do better trying to qualify their figure skating pair that won a medal at the Asian games who have a more realistic chance of a good placing 

why North Korea doesn`t invest in speed skating (with short track)....i have no idea....:spank:

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Had a little look and there are few more chances for some of the countries here to qualify:

:COL Colombia in Alpine Skiing (Michael Poettoz has got multiple runs under 140 FIS poits and should be already qualified)

:MAS Malaysia in Alpine Skiing (Jeffrey Webb again has multiple runs under 140 FIS Points and should qualify for Malaysia)

Both now depend on whether the National Federation will agree to send them but I can't see why not.

12 minutes ago, uk12points said:

Had a little look and there are few more chances for some of the countries here to qualify:

:COL Colombia in Alpine Skiing (Michael Poettoz has got multiple runs under 140 FIS poits and should be already qualified)

:MAS Malaysia in Alpine Skiing (Jeffrey Webb again has multiple runs under 140 FIS Points and should qualify for Malaysia)

Both now depend on whether the National Federation will agree to send them but I can't see why not.

Causil, the Colombian speed skater has made huge improvements this winter

:KOS has officially qualified.

73 nations are qualified right now.

The following should qualify (all have athletes meeting part of the standard/good enough to qualify):

:MAS

:IND

:TLS

:PHI

:HKG

:THA

:MGL

:PRK

:DMA

:MLT

:MDA

:VEN

:ARM 

:ERI 

:TPE 

That leaves us with 88 nations that should qualify (hopefully all of them choose to compete).

The following have athletes just outside qualification and may qualify:

:MAD

:BAR

:JAM

:NEP

:PAR

:TTO

:ISV

So a record 95! might be competing in 2018.

Unlikely to qualify atp:

:NGR

:SRI

:VIE

:TJK

:UGA

:CRC

:ALG

:ECU

:SGP

:TGA

:AFG