website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning and Missing Nations

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:VIEVietnam in alpine skiing (they will also compete in snowboarding and figure skating at the 2017 AWG, but unlikely to qualify for 2018)

I love how this article shows so clearly that Vietnam has 0 "feeling" with alpine skiing...a truly exotic nation :d 

"I was ..th at the Competition Allgäuer Skiverband", it's like saying "I finished 5th at the FIS" :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rybak said:

I see :GAM on the list of countries which are expected to compete in 2017 Winter Universiade. Anyone know something about athlete(s) from this country and his/her chances competing in Korea?

I think this is a mistake. Also the list of nations is down from the original amount and I beleive Gambia is a part of this list.

6 hours ago, rybak said:

I see :GAM on the list of countries which are expected to compete in 2017 Winter Universiade. Anyone know something about athlete(s) from this country and his/her chances competing in Korea?

If the list is to believed and the athletes are decent this could mean either in 2018 or 2022 athletes from Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, UAE and Gambia debuting. Also Madagascar would have a shot at a return, and Uganda I guess would count as a debut because they have only participated in the winter Paralympics. Nice to see Nepal, South Africa, and Tajikistan there as well.

16 hours ago, rybak said:

Also well-knowing :TGA taekwondo player Pita Taufatofua will try qualify to 2018 Games in cross-country skiing! :thumbup:

well, if he qualify he better wear more clothes during the opening ceremony this time otherwise he will freeze :d

Pita Taufatofua vlajkonosič výpravy súostrovia Tonga pri slávnostnom otvorení OH v Rio de Janeiro.

On 12/5/2016 at 17:52, rybak said:

Okay I am mistaken. Apparently Gambia are on the final list of competing nations.