website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning and Missing Nations

17 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:HAI Haiti will also try to qualify in alpine skiing (though extreme long shots)

I recall they had a guy at the 2013 and 2015 WCH, and was always over a minute off the pace in each race. 

Never say never??

It would be pretty awesome if they did make it

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

:DMA had an athlete (the same male who competed in Sochi) meet the qualification standard in his first race back. So they are likely to qualify if he keeps up the pace.

Will they lie and buy their way to the Olympics again or will he go alone this time? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A small report whit all the interessing time after the 3rd Stage of the Short Track Speed Skating World Cup 

:MAS Malaysia

Anja Chong finished last in her heat of the 500m whit 52.774 (more than 10 seconds of gap :() and she improve her time in the repechage heat and she finished in 48.846 :clap: 

Atilip Navarat finished 3rd and last in his heat of the 500m in 1:02.208  whit more than 20 seconds of gap.

Teerasak Boonkop finished his repechage heat of the 500m in 48.440

:PRK North Korea 

Choe Un Song finished the Men's 1500m in 2:20.597 and Kim Pyol Song finished the same event in 2:25.745.

In the 9th heat of the Women's 500m Chol Gwang Kim finished in 4th place at 9 thents from qualifyng..

Kim Pyol Song finished the 4th heat of Men's 500m in 43.776, whit above 1 second of gap.

The North Korean men's relay finished last in 7:24.301, the wrost time of the day.

Un Song Choe finished the repechage's 4th heat in 2:21.957 whit only 4 cents from the qualification in the semifinals :( 

:SGP Singapore

In the Men's 1500m Lukas NG finished his heat in 2:36.786 whit 2 seconds of gap.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Will they lie and buy their way to the Olympics again or will he go alone this time? :d 

I think its unfair to characterize them as liars. They legitimately became citizens of Dominica (owing to the country's lax citizenship laws) and competed in five races each to qualify....

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think its unfair to characterize them as liars. They legitimately became citizens of Dominica (owing to the country's lax citizenship laws) and competed in five races each to qualify....

This is some nice reading on them.

http://deadspin.com/dominicas-fake-ski-team-scammed-the-olympics-and-the-p-1529973935

I'm a huge fan of exotic nations, but I hope these two won't be anywhere near the Olympics ever again to be honest :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!