Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning and Missing Nations

intoronto    306

The Ghanian skeleton rider was a few seconds back of his closest competitor in his first race, so it seems highly unlikely he qualifies (unless there is a drastic improvement). 

heywoodu    2,362
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

The Ghanian skeleton rider was a few seconds back of his closest competitor in his first race, so it seems highly unlikely he qualifies (unless there is a drastic improvement). 

This week he already improved a little bit compared to his first races earlier in the month, but yeah...not very likely :p

Doesn't matter though, since the very first beginning he has clearly said 2022 is his goal :)

heywoodu    2,362
4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:VIEVietnam in alpine skiing (they will also compete in snowboarding and figure skating at the 2017 AWG, but unlikely to qualify for 2018)

I love how this article shows so clearly that Vietnam has 0 "feeling" with alpine skiing...a truly exotic nation :d 

"I was ..th at the Competition Allgäuer Skiverband", it's like saying "I finished 5th at the FIS" :p 

Edited by heywoodu

rybak    389

I see :GAM on the list of countries which are expected to compete in 2017 Winter Universiade. Anyone know something about athlete(s) from this country and his/her chances competing in Korea?

rybak    389

Also well-knowing :TGA taekwondo player Pita Taufatofua will try qualify to 2018 Games in cross-country skiing! :thumbup:

intoronto    306
3 hours ago, rybak said:

I see :GAM on the list of countries which are expected to compete in 2017 Winter Universiade. Anyone know something about athlete(s) from this country and his/her chances competing in Korea?

I think this is a mistake. Also the list of nations is down from the original amount and I beleive Gambia is a part of this list.

ahjfcshfghb    136
6 hours ago, rybak said:

If the list is to believed and the athletes are decent this could mean either in 2018 or 2022 athletes from Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, UAE and Gambia debuting. Also Madagascar would have a shot at a return, and Uganda I guess would count as a debut because they have only participated in the winter Paralympics. Nice to see Nepal, South Africa, and Tajikistan there as well.

hckosice    1,422
16 hours ago, rybak said:

Also well-knowing :TGA taekwondo player Pita Taufatofua will try qualify to 2018 Games in cross-country skiing! :thumbup:

well, if he qualify he better wear more clothes during the opening ceremony this time otherwise he will freeze :d

Pita Taufatofua vlajkonosič výpravy súostrovia Tonga pri slávnostnom otvorení OH v Rio de Janeiro.

rybak    389
7 godzin temu, hckosice napisał:

well, if he qualify he better wear more clothes during the opening ceremony this time otherwise he will freeze :d

Pita Taufatofua vlajkonosič výpravy súostrovia Tonga pri slávnostnom otvorení OH v Rio de Janeiro.

I think he is ready to wear more clothes :d