website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning and Missing Nations

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

I wonder if we are eventually going to have a whole orchestra from exotic nations... So far it's a violinist and a composer. :p

Bruna plays the guitar, although that's not really an orchestra kind of instrument :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Hubertus from Mexico is singer :d

Thank you, now I've got Higher than Mars stuck in my head AGAIN.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Jordanian :JOR federation has said:

Hope all is well and thanks for your email. Indeed we currently have a skier (Suhail Azzam) working on qualification for Winter Olympic 2018, he's one of the 2 Jordanian athletes who participated in the Sapporo Asian Winter Games.
Jordan is also in the process of registering with FIS (Skiing International Federation). I have cc'd members of our committee for winter sports, media team and Suhail himself on this email so you can get more information.

He has been dedicated to training for the last month and a half and should be training for another 2 months until he starts competition in December. His main issue will be time as he will have to log a low enough FIS total before the deadline in January.

Jordan has never qualified for non-exibition Winter Olympic sport, so this gives him an edge and with no others from Jordan attempting to qualify if he improves slightly between now and competition he should have a 40-50% chance of qualification.
Will keep you updated once he completes his first competition.

Please note that we are also working to grow our scouting for Jordanians around the world who have the potential of participating in the Youth Olympic Games 2020 and Winter Olympics 2022. 

Best Regards,

Nasser Majali

Secretary General

Jordan Olympic Committee

So maybe alpine skiing. Based on the AWG though I'd say at least this year it's a long shot bid.

An NOC openly even giving a percentage when you ask for it, now that's helpful :d 

On 9/11/2017 at 21:47, ahjfcshfghb said:

The Jordanian :JOR federation has said:

Hope all is well and thanks for your email. Indeed we currently have a skier (Suhail Azzam) working on qualification for Winter Olympic 2018, he's one of the 2 Jordanian athletes who participated in the Sapporo Asian Winter Games.
Jordan is also in the process of registering with FIS (Skiing International Federation). I have cc'd members of our committee for winter sports, media team and Suhail himself on this email so you can get more information.

He has been dedicated to training for the last month and a half and should be training for another 2 months until he starts competition in December. His main issue will be time as he will have to log a low enough FIS total before the deadline in January.

Jordan has never qualified for non-exibition Winter Olympic sport, so this gives him an edge and with no others from Jordan attempting to qualify if he improves slightly between now and competition he should have a 40-50% chance of qualification.
Will keep you updated once he completes his first competition.

Please note that we are also working to grow our scouting for Jordanians around the world who have the potential of participating in the Youth Olympic Games 2020 and Winter Olympics 2022. 

Best Regards,

Nasser Majali

Secretary General

Jordan Olympic Committee

So maybe alpine skiing. Based on the AWG though I'd say at least this year it's a long shot bid.

Mohammed Hadid. the father of supermodel Gigi Hadid, attempted to represent Jordan in the demonstration sport of speed skiing in 1992. Despite what it is claimed on the internet he did not compete