website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning and Missing Nations

12 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

:INA will send its hockey team! :lol:

Well, we're debuting in Asian Winter Games in 2017. If everything goes right, we will have represetatives in Ice Hockey, Figure Skating, and Speed skating. :fingers:

:d

That´s awesome news, Good luck to your athletes :)

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Of the 2014 list, :IVB British Virgin Islands (hasn't competed since 2014), :ZIM Zimbabwe (hasn't competed in a while), :TJK Tajikistan (no athletes currently competing at the qualification level), :DOM Dominica (not athletes) and :NEP Nepal (retired) are in threat of not qualify

That´s really sad to hear :(

about :PRK I think their participation is more unrealistic than possible... assuming they didn´t entered the ice hockey qualifications at all, it´s a sign I guess

Other Asian countries debuting at the 2017 Asian Winter Games:

:VIE Vietnam

:CAM Cambodia

:SRI Sri Lanka (I know this athlete is a young cross-country skier with a Czech/Sri Lankan bg, so maybe he will qualify. However no FIS details yet).

Edited by intoronto

Oh and how could we forget :KOS Kosovo, they are likely to qualify at least one alpine skier. 

Adding a couple more to the list:

:MAD Madagascar has an alpine skier who is a bit behind in qualification points, but he is on the same club that qualified the country's first and only Winter Olympian in 2006. 

:SEN Senegal: one female alpine skier is quite behind in qualification points, I doubt she qualifies, but there is always a chance.

Edited by intoronto

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

That´s really sad to hear :(

about :PRK I think their participation is more unrealistic than possible... assuming they didn´t entered the ice hockey qualifications at all, it´s a sign I guess

Also add :BER to the list. None of their athletes are likely to get through. Tucker Murphy retired after Sochi.

Just now, hckosice said:

and what about Mexico ? Sarah Schleper should easily qualify in women´s alpine skiing :mumble:among men´s I don´t know if Hubertus von Hohenlohe is thinking about another olympics ? :d

I think that this time we have a good prospect of having more than 1 competitor for the first time since Salt Lake City.

Schleper is the strongest card to qualify in Alpine, but sthe spot could also be taken by Jocelyn McGillivray who competed this year in YOG.

For the first time we have a decent competitor in Freestyle, Robby Franco who came 6th in Sloepstyle at the last World Championships. Sandra Hillen could try to qualify again in this discipline as well as Fernando Soto in Snowboard Cross.

Also we could the return of a Mexican figure skater, with Donovan Carrillo showing great improvement at this year's Jr. Grand Prix competitions.