website statistics

Tennis Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Wanderer

News about SVK..

ITF announced to our Tennis Federation that Andrej Martin was 5th under the qualifying line, so we have to wait to see how the things will turn out.. But apparently there a decent chances (as he said) that even if he´ll not pass via ranking to get a invitational place as the lone slovak in the mens singles...the final decision will be known shortly before the tournament draw.

About Dominika Cibulková it looks less better, She just visited her doctor in Bratislava today and he did not recommended her the start at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Despite this she said to the medias that she will do everything possible to be ready to start in Rio, because it´s her peak of this season

Cibulková to the medias today:

Unfortunately, the doctor informed me that my heel is not in ok, there a inflammation.. so he didn´t recommenden me to start at the Olympics, but the chance is still alive. Now I have to go for MRI Tomorrow. Then we will know more, so we'll see on Saturday.  I have to re-think the whole thing in my mind once again yet, because it's a very difficult decision... But be sure, That I will do all my best to be ready for Rio. It's the peak of the season for me,

The treatment should last five to ten days, while the Olympics tournament already starts on August 6 in 8 days

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

ITF announced to our Tennis Federation that Andrej Martin was 5th under the qualifying line, so we have to wait to see how the things will turn out.. But apparently there a decent chances (as he said) that even if he´ll not pass via ranking to get a invitational place as the lone slovak in the mens singles...the final decision will be known shortly before the tournament draw.

He's in for sure. 4 players withdrew + Stakhovsky who was first under the line declined.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

He's in for sure. 4 players withdrew + Stakhovsky who was first under the line declined.

Yes, he is in :clap: our Tennis federation just received the confrmation for Andrej Martin in the mens singles and for a pair Andrej Martin/Igor Zelenay for the mens doubles :)

http://www.stz.sk/aktuality/martin-v-riu-aj-vo-dvojhre

I just can't believe that Wimbledon tournaments clash the Olympic schedule, by the reason that most of the tennis players are getting injured and opt to be pulled out from the Games. So many injuries, so many replacements. This is crazy.