website statistics

Baseball 2016 Discussion Thread

phelps

wow! what an emotional ending for the World Series 2016...

yesterday night we saw the game that most people never expected...Corey Kluber paid the prize for the third consecutive start in short rest and gave the Cubs the chance to open up quite a big gap, but Cleveland showed their heart and started a sensational comeback against the big Cuban closer of the Cubs...

then, a rain delay happened...and that short pause did a big favor to Chicago, slowing down the pace and making the arm of their reliever Shaw too cold...

and that was the end of the Indians' dreams, despite another brave attempt in the bottom part of the 10th inning...

so, the curse is over...and after 108 years the Cubs Nation can start the party...

9-8 (in 10 innings) the final score of game #7 (winning pitcher Aroldis Chapman, loser Bryan Shaw, save for Montgomery), 4-3 the final score of the series...

and a few moments after the end of this season, I feel empty...and I can't wait for next March and the beginning of a new exciting season...

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Finnator123 said:

Can you include finnish baseball / Pesäpallo to this? :d

well, even if there are a lot of different things (playing field, rules and so on...) between Finnish Baseball and the traditional "hit and run" discipline, I guess that you can post here also about your National version...

I don't see anything wrong with that...;)