website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2017

rybak

23 minuty temu, Federer91 napisał:

Good for us and Greece i guess :d

Haha, maybe :d Also no Baltic countries in final mean that Poland almost surely will have 12 points in televoting from Ireland and UK :d

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

Haha, maybe :d Also no Baltic countries in final mean that Poland almost surely will have 12 points in televoting from Ireland and UK :d

Undoubtedly... it's always Poland or Lithuania. Probably the only people voting here are the diasporas from elsewhere :d

26 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

After few years, I watched entire show today and... I am speechless who much this contest deteriorated. TISC is many many level above this! :hearts:

Hungary definitely the only bearable song for me, and may I add Norway. Croatian entry was so-so. 

Serbia and Macedonia were bad - I mean, I didn't hear they were singing at all :lol:

Romania and Belarus hilarious.

@OlympicIRL You never know with the weddings. Would be nice to have, after so many years, a Totallympics wedding. We already have "bestmen" now to find a ring bearer :lol:

This too is the first year I am watching it since the Jedward years. I am finding it tough but I wanted to get back into it somehow. I'm getting some enjoyment even if I'm not keen on much of the music. I think it help being on a forum while watching, makes it more enjoyable.

Haha, yes of course!! The "bestmen" is sorted, we are closer than we imagined :d

The running order for the final:

1. Israel, 2. Poland, 3. Belarus, 4. Austria, 5. Armenia, 6. The Netherlands, 7. Moldova, 8. Hungary, 9. Italy

10. Denmark, 11. Portugal, 12. Azerbaijan, 13. Croatia, 14. Australia, 15. Greece, 16. Spain, 17. Norway, 18. United Kingdom

19. Cyprus, 20. Romania, 21. Germany, 22. Ukraine, 23. Belgium, 24. Sweden, 25. Bulgaria, 26. France

My thoughts:

Obviously favourites Italy and Portugal got the best draw, Italy before the break and Portugal second after the break. Poor Anja, the sacrificial lamb between them, and she got big attention in the press conference, which is interesting. I suspect Croatia did very good, because you don't get the last spot in your half for nothing. And to thing that this song was in everyones bottom 10 lists prior to the contest and now it has a chance for a top 10. And vice versa could be said about Armenia, which being so early could get lost and i don't think it would be in the top 10. LOL at EBU trying to suppress the polish diaspora by putting them in the dead spot. :d

The beginning of the second half is atrocious, frankly the whole middle part from Portugal to UK is very rough.. UK finally have a good song/staging, so they deserve a prime spot this time. But all the british fans saying they can win, please sit down. It will be UK's top result in ages, but nothing more than top 10, they won't have enough televotes to compete for the top 5. Romania with a great spot, another top 10 contender. Germany will go for the hatt-trick and get that last place again. It's either this or Spain, i can't see anyone else. The last 4 are all favourites, which leads me to think that one of them flopped in the semi, because they can't possibly schedule them together. Maybe they think all of them would be visiable enough since they are last before the voting. I would switch Norway and Sweden to give the middle part some power. 

Next to last seem very good for us, they usually say 24-25 isn't particulary good, but i think that beautiful Alma, could get overshadowed comming after Kristian, since the songs seem very similar. 

10 hours ago, rybak said:

In one interview Valentina said that she might next year compete fifth time, with an jazz song :lol:

San Marino have suggested that they would withdraw next year, because they are a small country and can't compete with the rest. :( 

Edited by Federer91

So for the second semi final. I am 8/10 projected (and 7/10 personally)

I'm sooo glad :ROU and :BUL made the cut. They were in my top 3 along with :ISL, which now makes Romania my new winner.

I knew that after :SRB:AUT:MKD:MLT that Austria would overshadow all of them (though Malta gave me vibes)

:CRO had to qualify, let's be real here, but to be the only Ex-Yugo country in the final? I bet no one saw that coming.

My projected qualifiers were :EST:BUL:DEN:ROU:NOR:HUN:SUI:ISR:NED:BLR but :AUT and :CRO took Estonia and Switzerland's places, and for good reason... the beauty and the beast staging does not fit the song for Switzerland, while it appears that Estonia still hasn't figured out why they came last in 2016.

I was never too keen about Belarus and Denmark, but I thought they were final-worthy.

Oh, and Jana is pregnant and is engaged, so Macedonia not qualifying is the least off all surprises, though they're on a skid.

Edited by dezbee2008

IMO the bust of :EST was to be expected and not shocking at all as their song is outdated and they sang quite bad with an extremely heavy accent that was hard to understand at all

So right decision to keep them out of the final in an overall strong semi final