website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2017

rybak

11 minut temu, dareza napisał:

thanks Dani

https://eurovision.tv/apex/image/2ff34c9162012599ccd7962a77964df6?w=1280

I can't wait to see what will be with us next year. I hope for system like we had in past. This system now is not good.

Is good because we can see what people like and what juries like :d

46 minut temu, dareza napisał:

thanks Dani

https://eurovision.tv/apex/image/2ff34c9162012599ccd7962a77964df6?w=1280

I can't wait to see what will be with us next year. I hope for system like we had in past. This system now is not good.

BTW. Imo juries should be out, we need again 100% of televoting

15 minutes ago, rybak said:

BTW. Imo juries should be out, we need again 100% of televoting

But that also isn't perfect solution. Last year Poland went from having just 7 points and last place to 229 points from televoting. There needs to be some kind of balance to counteract diaspora televoting. There will never be a perfect system and this current system certainly is not perfect, but definitely way better than 100% televoting, that isn't fair for nations without diasporas spread throughout Europe.

Congrats to Portugal on well deserved win. Even it was not my personal favourites last night they did great job. Jury was awfull, as usuall. Hosts were awfull too, Lithunian spoke person is just .... better not to say anything. And Ruslana as interval act loooool

For me Belgium and Italy are the best.

11 hours ago, bestmen said:

the Portugese singer seemed in love with himself , that's why they loved him

people want love :dunno:

Nah. He was in love with the song.

He's a bit of a character, but I don't see any reason to believe that people voted for him because of him "loving himself"

11 hours ago, Jur said:

5 points?

Who the hell lost money voting for our song? Like really, Europe?

A decent bunch of your lovely Portuguese neighbours ;)

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Interesting to look at the odds (screenshot is from around 5 minutes before the first song started) and the results now that it's all done and dusted :p 

I knew I should have put money on Moldova in top 5. Even called it after the performances!

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I don't believe it was cocky at all. Maybe it was a little bit of an unfortunate choice of words, but let's face it, half the songs in the song contest are almost the same kind of thing (especially Sweden with their copy-paste pop songs). 

No need to have some politically correct "Yeah I'm so happy, thank you, but everyone was great!" kind of answer.

I agree to some extent. But it's not always "copy-paste pop songs".

They have a lot of the same kinds of songs (Popular, You, I can't go on and possibly a bit Heroes), but songs like Euphoria, Undo and If I were sorry (not that I liked the last one).

The thing is that they know that it works.

Portugal won.. A new host! (happy)

But Italy didn't get into top 3.. (unhappy)

When I woke up and checked the results and in the end I was like " okay :| "

And also I found that the winner's speech is a bit... (dunno how to describe in words)

Basically he wanted people to appreciate other type of not-so-appreciated music (like his own) and remind to not choosing from visual aspects but in a (maybe) wrong choice of words and (also maybe) a little sprinkle of dislike to mainstream pop music. In the end, everybody just go mad in any comment section discussing the ESC by claiming their own version of view regarding Salvador's speech :lol: