website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2017

rybak

Well, I guess my taste has changed... most of the "club" songs are too generic for my taste; don't mean to be disrespectful, they're ok to dance, but not what in my opinion would call a great song. Any AI could replace the singers in most of those entries and sound better. I guess that's what happens when you replace actual instruments and voices for computers and Autotune :(

However, there were some songs I actually enjoyed, either because of the vocals, the lyrics or the interpretation; these are (in no particular order): Bulgaria, France, Poland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Azerbaijan and Belarus, and contrary to most users in the forum, I just loved the Portuguese song :d

On 3/22/2017 at 16:43, dezbee2008 said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39354775

Welp, the shitstorm has begun. Ukraine decides to ban Julia Samoylova from entering the country because of her 2015 visit to Crimea. Honestly, both countries are at fault. Ukraine used a dumb law against her, but at the same time, Russia set themselves up for this issue. That's how I see it. I feel bad for Julia, but if it is, it is.

Personally, since Russia isn't among my qualifiers this year, I could care less.

It definitely started with Russia's fault obviously, thinking it was a wonderful idea to claim another nation's land out of the blue :facepalm:

Ukraine's reaction now is just as bad though, events like the Olympics or a ESC are exactly the kind of events where one should 'forget' this for a moment. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 3/22/2017 at 19:35, Federer91 said:

Everything last year was about politics

Just like when Austria won and everyone had to be politically correct, costing the real winners the victory :p (alright, it was a decent song like last year's winner, but 'top-5 material', not 'winning material') 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just like when Austria won and everyone had to be politically correct, costing the real winners the victory :p (alright, it was a decent song like last year's winner, but 'top-5 material', not 'winning material') 

That too, Netherlands should have won. There hasn't been a right winner since Denmark in 13. :wall:

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

That too, Netherlands should have won. There hasn't been a right winner since Denmark in 13. :wall:

Denmark a right winner? :d 

Spoiler

About 2014: I would have actually said Norway should have won...the Dutch song was good and I liked it, but the Norwegian song (Silent Storm) was beautiful :wub:

• 2 weeks later...